Chapter 34

I knocked impatiently on the front door of a large brown house. The door knocker was a golden whale's tale, I stared at it as I awaited for someone to open the door.

Once I heard the door lock turn I snapped back into reality and put on a small smile.

"Oh Viel!" my mother smiled, "back to see us already,"

I chuckled more to myself than anything, "what can I say, I miss you to much, plus I bought this awesome new journal for Violette, since she likes drawing so much,"

"did I hear the word journal? " my little sister squeaked impatiently as she ran to the front door,

"you did, here, " I handed her the journal and her eyes automatically filled with sparkles,

"thank you!" she whispered in awe, "it's so pretty,"

"you're welcome," I laughed, "just promise to show me the drawings you do inside of it, that's all I ask for,"

"yes ma'am!" she saluted before running off again with the journal in hand,

"you didn't bring Remus?" my mother asked with a sadden expression, I couldn't tell who liked my boyfriend more, me, my sister or my mom, "no he's on duty today, though he says hi,"

"Well, that's a shame, Daniel's here today, would have been a cha'ce for you all to finally meet,"

"wait your husband's here today?" I gasped, "oh no! I should have brought something!"

"no need baby! I promise, come in though don't stay outside!" she pushed me inside her cozy little house, I'd been here a few times now though it still felt just as wierd. Not to mention this was the first time I came around without Remus.

He was honestly incredible, he truly was supporting me in the best way possible whenever I needed it.

I walked into the living and saw this tall blonde man sitting down in the couch. As he heard our footsteps and our voices he stood up, turned around and gave me a large smile.

"Ah, you must be Viel, glad to finally meet you!" he was shining with joy and happiness like none I had ever seen.

"It's nice to meet you too, mister, mister hum,"

"It's M. Riverborn but no need to call me that! Just call me Daniel!"

"AL-alright,"

"come !" my mother called again, "I made some biscuits and tea, you can tell us all about how you've been since I last saw you,"

Since I last saw her, last time was a few days after we found out Mary had passed away. Alot has happened since.

"how's your friend copying with the death of that young girl?" right of the bat my mom dive in deep,

"you mean lily? She doing better I just she's finally made arrangements for the marriage. She asked me to replace Mary as her maid of honor,"

"oh baby, I would say I happy but considering the circumstances,"

"It's alright," I sighed, "I understand what you mean,"

"I'm sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking but what happened to that young girl,"

"we don't know much about it, but from the information we managed to scrap up Mary got herself caught up in a nasty case. She got caught by a group of Death Eaters and torture to speak. They wanted to know about the order but Mary kept her mouth shut, which is why they killed her. She was brave till the very end, but at what cost, she suffered terribly in her last moments, "

My mother turned to look at her husband, for support, for confort, I'm not sure why but afterwards he spoke up.

" Viel, I don't know much about what you and your friends are going through because like you guys say, I'm a muggle. But from what I do understand this sounds like a war and as a soldier I can share some advice. Your friend sacrificed her life for the rest of you, for your cause, she might have suffered but I can assure she was proud of who she was and what she fought for in her last moments. Had she had doubts, she would have spoken, but she didn't, she believed in you guys and this cause you're all fighting for, never forget that. She had faith and you should all do the same, not only for yourselves but for her. "

I didn't know what to say, every word I ever knew had evaporated. I swallowed down hard a managed to speak up, to answer his words of wisdom. "I will, I believe in tomorrow that's why I'm prepared to sacrifice today. I trust my friends that's why I protect them no matter the cost. This war will not end us or destroy my hope, it can ripe away my pride, crush my joy and burn my soul but never my spirit. As long as tomorrow exists yesterday's suffering isn't in vain, yesterday's troubles, sacrifices and pain isn't for nothing. I will stand up for what I believe until there is no tomorrow. "

There was complet silence in the room, Daniel simply gave me a smile as to say that he believed in me and my will to fight. My mother on the other hand was distressed.

" but when is all this pain, suffering and sacrifice to much, there has to be a limit," my mother implored,

"if the enemy doesn't have a limit neither should we," I said in unison with my stepfather, we had more things in common than I would have ever imagined.

"Viel," my mother sighed, "how much exactly are you sacrificing?"

"everything I have,"

My mother looked horrified, "what do you mean,"

"other than my friends, family and Remus, I have sacrifice everything for this war mom. I've sacrificed my dignity by letting someone else enter my mind, I sacrificed my sleep by taking on more paperwork, I sacrificed my joy by standing on the front lines and I sacrificed my safety by accepting Dumbledore's offer. I have nothing left to give yet its not enough, I fear it will never be enough mom, I terrified but I need to stand strong so many people are counting on me. I lend half of the order, they need me, I'm their courage. "

"Viel, what is this offer you're talking about, what did this man ask of you?"

"he needs me to infiltrate the dark lords circle,"

"HE WANTS YOU TO JOIN THE DEATH EATERS!"

"I know how bad it seems mom but I have to do it!"

"Viel your father is in that group!"

"I know!"

"your father and that wife of his, their not the only ones you need to watch out for there's also th-"

"Louise enough," interrupted Daniel, "she's made her choice,"

"I know, I'm not trying to stop her, but Viel you must be aware of the risk!"

"I am,"

"whatever you do Viel, do not ever mention me to your father, he will kill you just for mentioning my name, he dispises me because-"

I finished her sentence for her, "because you gave me away without his knowing,"

"yes, exactly,"