Chapter 17

A sound of knocking came from Lily and James's kitchen window. Lily stood up from the couch and openned the window, letting an owl enter the house leaving a single letter with Siruis 's name written on it.

"Siruis you've got a letter," lily called out, so the man stood up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen, he grabbed the letter and looked at it, within seconds his grin had faded away.

"fuck," he mumbled under his breath,

"what's the matter?" I asked,

"it's a letter from my brother I'd recognize that writing anywhere,"

"from Regulus?" James interrupted,

"yeap, my one and only brother prongs,"

"Well you should read it," I suggested, "it could be important,"

"she's right," Remus agreed, "he's still your brother no matter how different you both are,"

"Alright, alright," Siruis gave in, "I'll read the damn letter, wait a second,"

We all turned around once again, "what?"

"The date on this letter is from 2 weeks ago,"

"maybe the owls had a malfunction," James suggested,

"no, no there's something not right about this," Siruis rapidly openned the letter and begun to read, his face quickly filled with horror than with tears.

"oi, padfoot," James rushed over to his best friend the second he saw him crying, we all followed behind, "what's the matter?"

"Regulus, he's dead," Siruis cried,

"what! How? Wasn't he a death eater?" Remus asked

"Yes! And?" Siruis shouted, "doesn't mean he was a bad person he just mixed with the wrong crowd,"

"Siruis that's not what Remus meant," I tried to comfort him, "if he was with voldemort who is on the winning side at the moment it's strange that your brother ends up dead,"

"Well here, Viel," he handed me the letter, "tell me what you think, you've lost a brother you'll recognized what he's saying,"

I unfolded the letter a begun to read,

"Siruis, I am sorry but if you end up reading this letter, it means that something has happened to me. I wrote this weeks in advance and told kreaher to send it to you only in certain circumstances.

I wish we could have spoken in person but we both know that our roads diverted way before this war even begun.

Mother stills hates you just as much, but I'm guessing that is no surprise to you. I always admired how you stood up for what you believed in even in front of our mother.

I decided that I needed to believe more in my own words than those of others. So for once I'm taking your advice.

Regulus, "

As everyone was trying to reassure Siruis all he was waiting for was my reaction, my response to the letter.

As I looked up from the piece of parchment Siruis directly understood my gaze.

" for fucks sake Regulus! " he screamed,

"I'm sure we're just mistaken Siruis, maybe you didn't understand what he said," James tried to convince Siruis, "maybe we should re-read the letter?" James was really trying his best to help,

"No, fuck that!" Siruis yelled as he snatched the letter out of my hands and ripped it into pieces, "The only people that need to ever read that letter have already read it!"

"Siruis," I wasn't sure whether he had thought before saying that, because I had read it too.

"No! Viel you keep that letters words shout in your mind, I don't want anyone knowing what he said,"

"than why show me?"

"Because out of anyone else here you're the only one that can understand, please Viel promise me to never share the letters contents with anyone ever!"

"I promise,"

Than unexpectedly he hugged me, the poor man was still crying, and though I tried to comfort him I couldn't help but see everyone's gaze on me.

They all looked shocked, Siruis, who never let anyone hug him had just run up towards me for one. Not only that but he refused any but me read his brothers letter.

I felt Remus's gaze burning on my skin.