Chapter 60

The moon was as bright and as clear as it would be during the night. Only the sun hadn't even started to set. 

It looked like a full moon but those who paid close attention knew that it had already past the previous night.

The air was dry and dusty, to the point it could almost make you cough each time you'd breath in.

The summer heat had officially dried up nearly every living plant. The scenary was the most yellow I had ever seen.

It seemed almost desolute I thought to myself as I walked down the sidewalk of the small town that if I were to even touch the leaves, I believed they would turn to dust, falling on the end of my fingertips which were the cause of their demise.

I walked towards a destination I knew and yet ignored at the same time. A simple port key was to take me to my rendez-vous with the werewolves.

Three days ago I received a letter from Victor who informed me of the port keys position. He added that it was a gift in order to allow my mission to run as smoothly as possible.

Behind an old bakery that had been abandoned for years, situated outside my small town, was were I'd find an old, rusty door handle.

This was the information I was given to find the port key. The time set on it was 6pm.

I closed in on the broken building. The first thing I noticed was a wooden board 'The Sugary Shack'  was written down on it, barely hanging on a few strings that were struggling to support it.

"Well," I sighed to myself as I made my way behind the building staring through the broken windows, the walls within filled with graffiti.

The port key was the only thing that shined with a little bit of light. As everything else felt like it had never even lived before.

My fingertips touched the cold sliver metal, sending shivers down my spine. I looked down at my watch, it was time.

I closed my eyes and breathed in, "there's no going back now," I laughed to myself even though I knew I had lost the possibility of running away a long time ago.

There was a slight flash and before I knew it the ground beneath me had disappeared. My hair blew in every direction as I fell at an incredible speed the wind hitting against my ears was deafing.

Though with one simple swish of my wand everything immediately slowed down and I gently placed my feet on the ground of an open field filled with long, yellow grass.

Everything was dead, burnt out by the heat of the sun, strangely it was familiar.

I begun to push the grass aside as I tried to make my way through the field where I could see nothing beyond the grass.

Than out of nowhere I heard a large crack. The ground crunched beneath my feet. Why had I heard that before?

I looked down and there underneath boots was my reflection in a million different places as the shattered mirror showed me my face a million times.

This had happened before hadn't it.

My footsteps echoed with the sound of broken pieces of glass for another few steps as the remaining pieces of the mirror slowly disappeared.

As they slowly disappeared, something else slowly appeared in the distance instead.

It looked almost like a mountain, a cave of sorts maybe. Every living being that previously lived on the rocks looked dehydrated, almost like they craved for rain, they too suffered from the heat.

A few pebbles fell when I was close enough to see the detail on the mountain. Than couple more followed when a low voice spoke.

From where I was standing the words were incomprehensible but once I had reached the end of the dead field, hiding behind the last strains of yellow grass, I could perfectly hear the voice of a man.

"A pup wants to join our pack? Should we let him? Should we let him even though he's always lived with witches and wizards?" there was a moment of silence and a couple of footsteps, "just because you are my pup, that doesn't make you a loyal one Lupin,"