Chapter 5

Things had never been worse.
The war was getting out of hand at a rapid speed, muggles were dying daily and we had no clue what to do.

The order of the Phoenix would gather more often than before and everyone's facial expressions showed just how worried and tired each one of them were.

Luckily the ministry were finally fighting back, but we were worried how long it would last. The order had the advantage of voldemort not knowing who we were or where but the ministry were at a larger risk.

Voldemort would mostly likely try to shut down the ministry as quickly as possible. Either by killing everyone, spying on the inside or even infiltrating.

"I think our main goal for now is making sure that voldemort doesn't attack the ministry," Dumbledore spoke,

"what why on earth should we be placing the ministry first?" Siruis asked just as confused as most of us,

"for once I agree with Siruis," Remus added,

"hey!" groaned Siruis,

"they're right, the ministry are fighting voldemort, they have a better chance then we do, but in the mean time muggles are being killed," I argued but Dumbledore simply smiled at my words,

"I hear your concerns but if the ministry fall we will be standing alone once again," McGonagall sided with Dumbledore,

"Grandma," I sighed, "if we must really protect the ministry then we should divide ourselves in two groups, for starters because it will allow the other half to help those that need it, but also in case we do get caught in the ministry not all of the order will fall along side it, "

"My my," Dumbledore admired, "we can tell you've been raised by Minerva,"

I didn't answer him, I didn't like that that implied my intelligence only had to do with my up bringing and not my actual self.

"Very well," McGonagall continued, "I think that Viel's idea is one to be taken into account, if we do go with this plan. Than we will be dividing ourselves into two groups, Dumbledore and myself will decide of these groups and there will be no arguments against said decisions. Have I made myself clear? "

We all nodded and agreed to McGonagall words,

"Then we will meet again in 3 days and offer you the groups we have decided on, " Dumbledore added, "Now all of you return home and stay safe,"

The group slowly dispatched itself, Alice and Franck being the first to leave, followed by Fabian and Gideon.

Though I wasn't about to leave, I hadn't seen my grandmother in weeks. I had been worried sick as she didn't show up to any of the meetings.

"Grandma?" I finally called out to her once she had finished speaking to Dumbledore,

"my dear," she smiled lovingly, "I know how worried you must have been, but you shouldn't, you're in good hands now,"

I chuckled, "are you talking about Remus?"

"yes dear, I'm not worried in the slightest for you. You're a strong powerful witch, just like your grandmother,"

I smile at her compliment, "thank you, grandma,"

"but, you mustn't forget," she raised a finger, "you aren't alone, you have friends and a wonderful boy who loves you deeply,"

"yes, I know, what are you trying to say?" there was something she wasn't telling me,

"Viel, you are capable of many things but that doesn't mean you should always try to push yourself to see just how much you can do. I know you like the challenge and you always want to help however you can, but sometimes you need to say no,"

I looked at her confused, "grandma what are you saying?"

"Dumbledore what's to speak with you,"

"about what?"

"something I don't not agree with, but it is in the end your choice,"

"is that why you weren't coming to meetings? You were angry against Dumbledore?"

"some times, it is important to show someone how upset you truly are," she grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me into a hug, "Viel no matter what you decide, you will always be my granddaughter and I will always be proud of you, but it isn't just about me," she pulled away from the hug to look me straight in the eyes, "your decisions will affect all those around you, so choose wisely,"