Chapter 39

"Do you not ever want to get married?"

"what?" he mumbled, "No, not at all, no I mean, that's not what I meant!"

I frowned at him, "It's alright if you don't, marriage isn't what proves you love a person. I can understand that it might be overwhelming, being tied to a person forever,"

"That's the last of my worries, I would want nothing more than to call you forever mine, it's just,"

"Just ? Just what?"

He stared back to the fairy lights of the wedding, "alot of other questions arise with marriage,"

"Other questions?"

"we're not planning on getting married, why is this important?"

"It's not, but now you've raised my suspicion, what stresses you out so much about marriage?"

"Nothing really, I mean, I, Didn't you have something to ask me?"

"Remus!"

"No! TELL ME! what did you want to talk about?"

"Why are you avoiding the subject? Like you said we're not planning on getting married, but as a couple that has been together for 3 years now, maybe it's time to talk about these things?"

"these things?"

"Yes! Like actually buying house, marriage, family, children,"

"CHILDREN!" He almost collapsed to the ground,

"what!?"

"NOW! Now we're talking about children! Oh no," he seemed so out of breath, "that's out of the question,"

"excuse me?"

"I said No! We're not talking about this not here, not now!"

"Why are you reacting like this?"

"Why am I! WHY I AM! Why are you bringing this up?"

"Remus calm down!"

"YOU CALM DOWN!" he shouted at me with such violence it almost scared me,

"honey,"

"Don't call me that! Don't you dare call me that! How dare you bring this up! You think that because Lily and James are having a child that means you'll be getting one too? You think that because they're getting happily married that means we should too?"

" No Remus! I mean it could happen, they hadn't planned it, "

"hadn't planned it," he mumbled under his breath,"was that what you wanted to talk about? HAVE WE ALSO GOT SOMETHING UNPLANNED?"

"NO!"

"BECAUSE IF YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

"I'M NOT! But why would that be so bad! What would you do if I was! "

"I'd leave!"

I gasped, I tried to speak, I wanted to be angry, I wanted to shout, kick punch him, anything, but I couldn't, nothing. All that manifested were tears of my devastation, he'd leave me if I were having his child.

"I'm done!" he raised his hands, "I'm done with this conversation with you. I'm leaving,"

I stood still, incapable of moving, horrified by what I had just heard. I watch as he walked away with even looking back at me. He had no intentions of going back to the marriage as he disapparated, to who could possibly know where.

I fell to the ground, kneeling over damp fallen leaves. I felt just as useless as they did, decomposing slowly on the cold, wet floor of this lost forest.

I looked down at my dress, it's light materiel now seemed so heavy, or maybe that was just the weight of my broken heart.

I couldn't believe he had said those words. Did he mean it? Or did he say that to hurt me? To end the conversation? To have an excuse to leave?

In that moment I wished it was for any possible excuse and that he didn't truly believe what he said.

I never thought that I could want children but now that I knew that possiblity was ripped away from me if I stayed with Remus. My heart ached.

"Viel?" I heard Siruis's voice from afar, "Remus?" hearing him say his name hurt, "hello? Viel you need to give your speech,"

I stood off of the ground, I still couldn't speak, my voice was still absent, lost somewhere within me.

My dress was covered in leaves and my makeup had watered down my face.

"VIEL!" Siruis shouted as he run towards me, "why are you alon-" He stopped and stared at me, "What did he do?"

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to play it off as cool, so that I wouldn't start crying again.

"What did that asshole do!" I hadn't ever seen Siruis angry towards one of his friends before, but I was sure that if Remus was still around there was a good chance Siruis would have punched him. And somehow that made me feel better.