Chapter 64

"I'm telling you! She didn't lie!"

"There's no way that's true!"

"help, please," my entire body felt numb almost like it were paralyzed,

"Hey, hey take it easy," a soothing voice suggested, "you're in pretty bad shape,"

"help me," I continued to mutter, tears streaming down my face,

"You're safe now Viel, no one's going to hurt you anymore,"

"Sirius," I mumbled, "Sirius was there, where's Sirius?"

"he's here too," the voice spoke a little less soothingly, "Viel what exactly where you doing in a place like that?"

"Lost,"

"Lost? Could you develop a little on that?"

"Oi Remus, leave her alone mate, she just woke up! We're not even in a safe location, our first priority should be getting her away from the beasts,"

"Alright, where should we go? I'm not taking her back to James's, I think Viel would prefer they not know about this,"

"Agreed, than we'll take her back to my place. I don't think she'd wish to go back to where she was living with you either,"

"fair point,"

A hand wrapped itself around my waist, "Ow," I winced,

"Sorry, I'm trying my best not to hurt you further,"

"She fainted again," Siruis gestured at my blank lifeless expression,

"can you honestly blame her,"

"I mean I too would feel faint after losing so much blood,"

"Help me lift her would you, I don't want to hurt her,"

"She fainted, she's not gonna feel it,"

"Sirius ! Are you going to help me or just stand there being useless,"

"Alright, message received for fucks sake,"

Dusk had long past, the only light guiding eyesight now was that of the moon and a few stars.

"Whose better at apparition?"

"what?" Remus frowned at Sirius in confusion,

"Be logical, my house is miles from here, it's pitch black and we're carrying a wounded, we can't walk there,"

"like you just said she's wounded, it's dangerous to apporate her while she's in such a state!"

"that's why I asked who between the two of us is better at apparation, you know, to lower the chances of fucking up,"

"you always have to be so reckless don't you Sirius!"

"Sometimes prudence turns out to be more careless than recklessness,"

"your sentence doesn't even mean anything, careless and reckless are synonyms,"

"Remus, if you spend all your time overthinking and debating over what's best than one day you'll lose the chance to do what was best because the opportunity will have slipped through your fingertips,"

"So what, you're an intellect now?"

"would you please stop with your inferiority complex for two seconds and answer the damn question! We're on burrowed time! We don't know if they're still looking for us,"

"what did you just-"

"REMUS!" Sirius eyes burned with rage, "Answer the fucking question,"

"you," Remus succumbbed, "you're better at it,"

"Halle-FUCKING-lujah, than let's get a move on now!"

Sirius raised his wand as he placed a hand on Remus's shoulder, "I'm warning you now Sirius," Remus eyes narrowed at him, "If this doesn't work it's your fault,"

Sirius didn't answer though his eyes spoke for him as they pierced through Remus's intense glare.

The grass slowly melted away almost like snow would under the glowing heat of the sun.

Where there had been a lack of luminescence before, guided by so little light, the moon acting as their only source.

Whereas now they found themselves blinded by the streetlights that shone brighter then any of the stars in the sky. It was almost disarming after being in the dark for so long

"Where do we go from here?" Remus covered his eyes in hopes of shielding them from the violent sensation of blindness

"this way," Siruis titled his head to the right, "we're nearly there,"