Chapter 29

Lily walked me home, she thinks that the walking is good for the baby.

"how far along are you?"

"just three and half months," she sighed, "still got a long road to walk,"

"is pregnancy any fun?"

"haven't suffered that much yet, apart from feeling sick and stomach aches I feel great,"

"I know it wasn't planned but would you have had it any other way?"

"No, I'm really happy to have a child especially with the love of my life, I think that's the main reason why I'm so happy, it's because I get to do it with someone who truly loves me,"

I smiled at her and sighed,

"Why are you asking?"

"just curious," I lied,

"is there something else you what to ask but you're not?" she was the one now asking all the questions, "Viel?"

I didn't answer,

"Viel do you want kids?"

Her words made me stop in my tracks, she hadn't realized it at first as she continued to walk for a couple more steps, "Viel? Oh goodness, is that it?"

"No!" I implored, "no it's not, I don't think,"

"oh my, you have baby fever!"

"that ridiculous!"

"no it isn't! I'm pregnant, you see how happy it makes me, you're at that baby fever age and you're in a great relationship, of course you want children,"

"I don't think that's it, I think I'm confused,"

"than explain to me the process that's going on inside your head!"

"it's just, ever since I found out I had a little sister I think about her all the time, about how I could have taught her how to read, how to write, I could have played with her and told her stories.
I have this urge, this lack of something. I want to care for her, be by her, it's weird I want to be maternal. Something in me deeply craves that."

"okay, well you definitely have baby fever," lily smiled, "but not for the reasons I thought. You just want to get to know your sister, you want to be there for her and because you feel like you can't you want to do it for someone else, that's why you have baby fever."

"how do I cure it?"

"you don't," lily grinned, "either it will pass because it's just because of your feelings towards your sister and you're not ready or that's what you actually really want,"

"but I can't actually want children,"

"Why not?"

"I'm nowhere near ready and that's not even mentioning Remus,"

"what about Remus?"

"Does he look like the type to want children, I mean look how he reacted that one time I mentionned pregnancy, he nearly collapsed,"

"I think Remus wants children even more than you do,"

"No, lily come on,"

"Seriously I think Remus is definitely the dad type and the only reason he reacts like that is because he doesn't believe he would actually make a good dad,"

I paused in thought for a second, could that be true, surely not, Remus definitely didn't seem like he wanted children.

" Viel, just ask him if you're so curious it's just a question, there's no harm in that, " she lightly patted me on the shoulder before she waved goodbye leaving me on my doorstep.

I unlocked the front door, but I kind of just stood in the hallway staring at nothing. I think I had gone through a little to much today.

"oh honey, you're home, how was shopping with lily, Viel?"

I wasn't completely present, I heard what he said but for some reason I didn't answer.

"Viel are you alright did something happen?"

" no, yes," I hesitated, "I saw my mom ?"

"oh boy, alright, come take a sit," Remus nugde me to walk forward and so I did, "your mom was at one of the stores?"

"She was the store lady, she works,"

"everyone works Viel,"

"I have to go back next week to pick up the dresses,"

"Well um, it'll be alright, you just have to get the dresses,"

I stared at Remus with the biggest puppy dog eyes I could possibly do, "you want me to come with you?" I clapped my hands in response, meaning yes.

"Alright, that's not a problem but wouldn't you want to try and talk to her?"

"what! So that she can think I'm wierd and crazy,"

"Viel, she obviously realized you were her daughter, you told me that the two of you look alike and lily must have said your name a hundred times,"

"still could be a coincidence,"

"a mother's instinct will always know,"

"urghh," I stood up from the table and walk up the stairs, "I hate it when you're right,"

"love you too honey," Remus called out,

I laid down on our bed, it was late and I was exhausted. Between seeing my mother and talking about babies I had my dose of heavy subjects.

I feel myself falling asleep so before I did I got up and changed into my pjamas.

"Rem ?" I called from up the stairs, "I'm going to bed honey,"

"already? You didn't even eat,"

"to tired, don't worry about joining me, it's alright, finish whatever you need to do,"

"Alright, goodnight! Love you,"

"love you too!" and with that I cover myself with the sheets and fell deep asleep.

"where is it!"

"Not again no, please,"

"Crucio ! Crucio ! Crucio !" the voice changed,

"Jonathan, stop, Jonathan please I'm begging you," that women's voice sounds familiar, "Jonathan!"

"please stop!" I'm begging again? "daddy stop!"