Chapter 61

"What were you hoping for coming here Lupin?" the man's voice sounded animalistic, you could even hear the growl at the back of his throat, "you thought it would be that easy?"

I couldn't believe it, surely it couldn't be Remus but honestly the chances of it being another Lupin that also happened to be a werewolf were slim.

"Greyback listen-" my heart stopped for second, hearing Remus's voice felt so strange.

I hadn't seen him for over a month and right now didn't know how to feel. I couldn't say I was happy to see him considering where I ran into him but I couldn't I was upset about it either because I was also standing here.

"Enough Lupin !" Greyback barked, "I don't -" his speech was cut short by a whisper from another werewolf I guessed. "Well," Greyback growled again, "it appears we have company,"

Shit! Shit ! I didn't even take a second to think, I knew they would come after me.

Instinctively I ran, I knew the grass was long enough to cover my entire body but that wasn't going to bring me much protection. Not against a whole pack of werewolves that were much taller, much stronger and much more aggressive than I was.

I couldn't get caught especially if Remus was there, I wouldn't be able to explain to them why I had come. I had to get back to the port key that was the only option.

Only a few steps behind me I could hear the grass being whipped, pushed and crushed as at least three men panted and snarled as they ran after me.

I reached down for my wand, maybe if I slowed them down just a couple seconds it would be enough.

"I don't think so!" I winced at the sight of the man that had just jumped out of nowhere to tower over me, standing only inches away from my face.

"Leave me alone!" I hissed raising my wand, "this doesn't have to end badly,"

"oh but it does," he pulled the most horrifying grin I had ever seen. His teeth hauntly yellow and some even a deadly dark brown, I stared in disgust and horror as I tried to step away from him.

"where are you trying to run off to?" another tall, muscular and repulsive looking man stood behind me, "coming back to join us I'd hope to hear," his flithy hands filled with dirt and maybe even blood wrapped over my wrists.

"Let me go!" I screeched kicking him in the shin,

"Ah you bitch!" he barked slightly loosening his grib on me, "This could have been so much easier for you,"

I tried to use his few seconds of weakness to my advantage but it was in vain. I was surrounded, I couldn't run forward nor off to either of my side.

The four bestial men sneered at one and other pleased with themselves. My whole body shaked with fear.

"Don't come near me!" I demanded but it sounded more like a beg, "I'm warning you!"

"did you guys hear that?" one mocked,

"she's warning us, how sweet,"

Shivers spiraled down my spine as a cold hand violently wrapped itself around my upper arm.

"Don't touch me!" I cried, his sweaty palms disgusted me beyond belief, "Let go!"

His nails dugged themselves deep in my skin draining blood, whiting my expression as my fingers tightened  into a fist as a way to defend itself against the pain.

"Stop!" I pulled my arm away but his nails were already too deeply implanted. All I had obtained in the progress of trying to pull myself away was creating a larger more painful wound.

"That's going to leave a nasty scar!" he barked before digging his nails even deeper, "Let's even that out for you," His second hand wrapped around my remaining arm.

I hadn't gotten the chance to fight back or to protest before his nails dugged deep through several layers of skin proceeding the rip it open sending blood splashing onto a handful of unlucky strains of grass.

I winced, biting down on my lower lip to hold back tears of rage. I wanted to bash their heads into the ground, I wanted to kick them so hard they passed out as I laughed at their pained expressions.

Maybe that's why they were laughing, they enjoyed my pain but I only wanted to hurt them for revenge, so what was their reasons for attacking me?

"Alright miss brave, let's take you back,"

"No !" I protested as a third hand slowly closed in around my neck, "Don't touch my with your flithy paws!"

"Do you honestly think you're in a position to protest!" I could hear the annoyance in his growl, "you're still to lively for my taste anyway," he spoke to me but it seemed more like a message for the other men.

The grib around my arms tighten once more as another one of the werewolves stepped towards me.

"such a shame," he smirked as his fingertips caressed my cheek before they grabbing my jawline, "she has a nice face,"

"Than step back," the other one barked, "I find it more thrilling to destroy what's pretty,"

"Just make it quick!"

I couldn't stop myself from crying out for a short second as one of the four werewolves tugged my hair back forcing me to stare at the sky.

The sun was slowly dissappearing behind the clouds and behind the hills. Night would fall upon us soon.

"where are you wondering off too?" a voice called me back down into the field, "we're not letting you daydream just yet,"

His sharp nails dissappeared behind his palm as he tighten his hand into a fist. The impact was stronger than I had braced for. I coughed repeatedly trying to catch my breath after he had stolen it away with his violent punch directly at my stomach.

He laughed, amused at himself but clearly he hadn't had enough fun. He raised his leg and kicked straight into my ribs following with my shin.

Consequently as I fell to my knees, the field awakened, dust filling the air, enraged someone dare disrupted it's slumber.

My knees ached with the pain of small sharp pebbles cutting through my skin. Though it was in no way comparable to the deafing sound of the werewolf's knuckles sinking into my face.

My cheek felt numb, my left ear rang loudly as my eyes tried to readjust to it surroundings after being distorted. Though the task seemed too difficult for them to successfully accomplish. 

The blurry field suddenly shifted to just blurry nothingness with seconds. Everything went black and soon after the ringing in my left ear stopped. It all stopped every, part of my body fell silent.