Chapter 66

Some would say that one of the biggest disadvantages of living in the city would be the constant noise.

This wasn't new York or London but it was a big enough town for the buildings to always be illuminated and for the streets to always be rushing with noises.

I had come to the realization that during the day what was noisiest was the footsteps of people passing by. You could hear them laugh and talk with either their companions walking alongside them or with someone somewhere else as they chatted away on a phone call.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people who seemed to own a cellphone in the city. It almost seemed like to them it were necessary to have one.

"Viel would you like some eggs?"

"Just one,"

At night though, footsteps became as silent as a cat trying to stay unknown to it's surroundings. The few people who would walk about at the owls hour where either scared or suspicious.

They knew they were endanger or that they were the danger. Like prey and predator but here it wasn't nature's will or way but more likely mankind's spite and sly behaviors overtaking their daytime mask. They'd been patient and persistent all day, now they're true nature showed within the claws of dusk.

You were more likely to hear a streetlight flicker than you were to hear someone giggle. When the sun had set for the day the only thing that stayed unchanged were the engines of cars roaring as they past by.

I had noticed these things because if I paid attention to the noises of the city they appeared to be louder than my thoughts. A rather pleasing surprise for me a rather disappointing one for those sain of mind wishing to live in the city.

"if you'd like to take a shower there's hot water,"

"Ok"

The tick tock tacking of clocks had grown old to my frantically uneased ears. The knowledge of lose was to extrem once I had understood that time doesn't wait.

Nothing waits on you. The terrible and patronizing fact that not even your own mind will wait on you can ruin a stable person.

Luckily one might say, I was exposed to the devastating reality of time when mine had just begun.

Some would say that I was already old since I had the consciousness and knowledge to understand time. I say that my time only started once I had become aware of the fact that it was limited.

"You need to watch the tea Viel, if you let it boil to long it'll-"

"Sure Siruis,"

I might ask myself, why do I even ask myself? The answer is the question, I might. I only might when I'm at a lost of myself.

"Car Viel!"

"Sorry,"

It is only when the world is moving to fast, that I take the time to stop and ask things I might only when I'm lost.

"Viel? Can you hear me?"

I have alot of time to ask myself questions. As I sit still in a silent room with just a few steps outside my window an active and deafening city.

"Viel? Are you there?"

I have so much time that I even look for the answers. Sometimes I find them but most of the time it results in asking myself new questions I was unaware I had until than.

"Viel ? Are you okay?

I block out most of the answers I find anyway, mainly because I don't understand them only because I'm not ready to accept them.

"Yes,"

So how do you deal with trauma?