Chapter 45

"You!" I huffed "but he said?"

"Yes he was ordered to watch over you but for weeks the person you felt following you was me!"

"Victor that doesn't make sense,"

"Why not? I found out I had a sister that was on the other side of this war, it made total sense to me!"

"Alright enough!" I sighed, this was to much, "I'm going home now and we're going to pretend we didn't have this conversation,"

"so you are-" I cut him off,

"No! Don't get me wrong I'm keeping my eyes on you!" I threw the coat over my shoulders closing it shut at the front, "Don't try anything,"

His eyes darken again, taking on a cold and distant persona once more, "Alright, Severus will visit you again when it's time for you to come back,"

I nodded, I walked out of the alleyway, I didn't look back but I felt the cold air evaporate the second he left.

I walked down my homtwons Familiar streets but everything felt different. People were chatting away, enjoying the sunny weather, but I couldn't feel the warmth of the sun.

Everything felt cold and damp, I felt like I was still stuck in the forest. I hadn't ever left that place, really not since Remus.

I sighed longingly, I was going home to him. I didn't want to, I don't think I wanted to face him. I don't think it felt like I was going home.

I knocked on the front door, I didn't have my keys, I didn't have anything. Not even my wand, I had left my brother's wand back in the forest, broken in a million pieces.

There was no response, I knocked once more just to be sure but again, nothing.

I turned the handle but it was locked, clearly no one was home. I frantically looked around for the small vase we hid outside with a spare key inside.

I pulled out the plant and took out the key, finally I could go home. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to see things that were familiar and that felt safe.

Was this place safe?

I turned the key until I heard the door click. I pushed the door open with every last bit of strength I had left. It was barley enough.

The house was cold and silent. The shutters were closed as light barley managed to peak through.

As fast as I could I run towards the living room, violently pushing the largest shutters open and collapsing to my knees.

I just wanted to see the sun, to feel the warmth of joy and security. I didn't feel safe and I didn't feel the slightest piece of joy. My heart was a lost cause.

I laid down on the carpet in front of the window. I was exhausted physically and mentally, not a single piece of my being had the strength to pull myself off of the floor.

So I laid there, in the sun, on the floor of my house that no longer felt like home. This place had been haunted with the fear of my fellow death Eaters for months, but now there was no escaping or denying my connection.

There was no going back to denying.

No going back.

No longer could I pretend.

I couldn't fanastize anymore, here we were, in the real world.

Slowly my eyes started to give out, the sun disappearing once again as the harsh reality of my words repeated over and over again within my head.

There's no going back now.

I muttered one last time before my inevitable fatigue took over.