Chapter 31

I looked into the mirror as I brushed my teeth. I yawned little as I rubbed my eyes.

Today I had to pick up the dresses for lilly. Though I was a little nervous, knowing Remus would be by my side conforted me.

I squinted my eyes as I looked closer at my neck. I placed my hand over the large red teeth marks Remus's and placed last week. I was definitely going to be left with a scar.

"Remus!" I called from the bathroom, all I heard in response was a few groans of displeasure. "get up! We need to leave soon. Come on, I'll make breakfast,"

I walked out of the bathroom and just before leaving our room I grabbed a pillow of the bed and smacked him in the face.

"Arrgh! Why?" he cried as he waved his arms around in the arm as if he was trying to fight the air.

"up! Now! Don't you dare fall back asleep," and with that I left the room giggling.

As I walked down the stairs I tried to think of what I could make for breakfast. I was to lazy that morning to make pancakes or freach toast and we didn't have alot of time. So I opted for avocado toast, eggs and bacon.

Though we didn't have any tea left, Remus was going to complain. He rather tea to "soulless black devil coffee" as he would call it.

Once I had finished laying the table and spreading avocado onto some toast, a very sleepy, half awake Remus came walking down the stairs.

"you're a lucky man," I called out to him, "I was just about to walk back up those stairs,"

"thank god you didn't," he sarcasticzlly shivered, "getting pulled down the stairs would have been so much less fun,"

I shook my head, "what I am to do with you and you're horrible humor,"

"don't sign me up for comedy shows that's for sure,"

I pulled the key out of the front door once I had locked it behind us. After a good breakfast and Remus talking an half-hour long shower, we were finally ready to leave.

"ready?" Remus asked as he reached out for my hand,

"ready," I answered as I gripped onto him tightly.

I barely had the time to blink before the dress shop was right in front of my eyes.

"hope no muggles saw that," Remus scratched the back of his head, "I would have though there would be less people at 8am,"

"Oh!" a lady's voice called out, "already here,"

We turned to face the woman who was holding the store's door open. It was my mom. "yes, early bird I am," I laughed nervously.

We walked into the store and waited at the front desk. Remus was fascinated by all the dresses. "look at this one!" he would call out every ten seconds, like a 3year old in a toy store.

"this one has glitter!" he gasped, I laughed,

"if you don't mind me asking," my mother popped back up out of nowhere, "is he your boyfriend?"

"yes," I smiled looking at him, "he is,"

"Well," my mother smiled back, "maybe you'll be back here for your own wedding soon, he seems to prefer the weeding dresses for you than the bridesmaids dresses,"

I wasn't sure what to say back, I kind of just stared at Remus.

"anyway!" she started up the conversation again, "here are the dresses, I think though before you take them with you, you should try on the one that's meant to be ours to make sure the sizes are correct,"

"sure, not a problem!"

"you might want to bring your boyfriend with us otherwise you might lose him forever in the wedding alley,"

I laughed, "Remus!" I called out as I motioned my hand to let him understand that we were moving and he needed to follow.

She showed me over to a fitting room and hang one of the dresses inside for me. I thanked her and closed the curtain behind me leaving Remus alone with my mother.

"a beautiful woman you have found young man," I hear her tell Remus,

"I still don't know how I got her, I wonder sometimes if tomorrow I'll wake up realising it was all a dream. Though I highly doubt it, she's too perfect to be fiction, not even imagination could create something like that,"

She slightly chuckled, "my my, if only my husband said such precious things."

"already married! But you look so young!"

"oh goodness! If you knew, I'm on my second marriage already I'm not that young,"

"than maybe you also have children?"

"two girls yes, though" she sighed, "I never got the chance to see my first grow up. I had to put her up for adoption, I couldn't raised her while still living with her father, he was a nasty man. I didn't want to put her though that,"

"you did the right thing," I couldn't help but add myself into the conversation, "I'm sure she's extremely grateful for what you did. She must know why you did it and she can't help but imagine how hard it must have been for you to do that,"

I heard her sigh once again, "I just hope whoever raised her were loving and selfless, I just hope she's happy,"

"she is!" I cried out, "she was raised by a loving woman who cherished her even when she lost her own child. She  has a selfless grandmother who would give her the world. She has the most loving boyfriend who accompanied her to a wedding dress store because she was to nervous to go alone."

I opened the curtain wearing the pink bridemaids dress and saw the tears fill my mother's eyes, "I couldn't have asked for better mom. " I finally added.