Chapter 35

I hadn't noticed the time. It was already 11pm,i had spent so much time just talking with my mother that I hadn't paid attention to how late it was.

The sky was rather clair and the weather rather warm so I decided to walk home. I didn't live that far away anyway, after a 10min bus drive I simply had to walk maybe 5 minutes.

The small convince store in my town was still open. That shop was honestly a life saver, with the number of times with Remus we'd run out of things because we or more likely I forgot to buy them.

When I thought about it more in depth, I rembered how I had been living in this town with Remus for nearly two years now. Once we graduated from hogwarts we didn't move in together right away compared to lily and James.

Remus had his doubts but when his dumbass brain finally realized I was technically already living in his apartment we decided to finally get an apartment together.

I feel in love with this neighborhood maybe because it was near were I was born. I've always been drawn to London, probably because I've always wanted to know where I was from.

I slowly walked down the sidewalk as I appreciated the fresh air and calming scenery. Remus always tells me not to wonder but tonight I couldn't help it.

I missed how things were before this war, muggles continued to live their lives unaware of the danger and sometimes I wondered whether I should be worried or envious of their situation.

I sighed as I thought of how life could be instead of how it was, I knew it was hopeless and unhealthy to do so but I couldn't stop myself from wishing for better.

Though all these emotions were and should have been unwelcome. Because of them I had forgotten to pay attention to my surroundings, which doing so never lend to anything good.

I should have heard them earlier, sooner but I didn't. The footsteps behind me grew faster and louder as the person got closer to my wereabouts. Once I had finally realized what was happening it was already far to late.

A hand wrapped itself around my mouth from behind me, silencing me completely. The other brutally waved a wand in front of my face to let me understand that if I tried to escape, they would put an end to my days.

I tried to stay calm but fear was boiling up inside me. They pulled me off of the main road into a small alley so that we wouldn't be seen and less likely heard.

"Don't scream, don't run, don't try and use your wand and you'll be fine," I recognized that voice immediately.

They lowered their hand and I finally had the chance to turn around and see who was the culprit. "Severus," I hissed,

"Viel," he hissed in return,

"what do you think you're doing,"

"have you got a short memory, I told you I'd be back,"

"Did you have to pull me into an alley threatening me?"

"I can't exactly come knocking on your front door asking to talk with you. You make my job extremely difficult you nearly never leave the house alone,"

"that's because I'm avoiding things like this from happening,"

He muttered something underneath his breath that I couldn't quite make out, though I was sure ut was something insulting.

"the dark lord still takes interest in me or you're just following me around for fun?"

"I'd never follow someone who interacts with flithy mudbloods, muggles and traitors for fun. You should be grateful the dark lord has taken an interest in you, though I'm convinced it's only because of your father,"

This was it, it was my chance. Dumbledore was right my father was looking for me and that was what was going to grant me the chance to infiltrate the Death Eaters.

" Than my father's a wise man, "

Severus stared at me for a moment before he frowned," how so?"

I laughed, "because you believe I enjoy hanging around these people?"

He seemed so confused, "what on earth are you talking about, you're dating one of those people,"

"halfbreed you mean? Yes, I thought he could be useful, turns out I had him easily completely wrapped around my finger. he is mentally weak, it's laughable how easy it was to manipulate him,"

"Why would you befriend these people if you dislike them?"

Of course he would question me, I just needed to sound more confident than his own memories of me. "I don't expect you to understand why I do the things I do, it's beyond you Severus,"

He hissed once again as his ego felt threatened, "how dare you,"

"how dare I what? Show you what I'm really like? I can understand, seeing a passive, sweet Viel for so long. You must be distraught seeing what I'm really like, there's a reason my father seeks me, he knows where my heart really lays, he knows my truth because I have his blood. "

He frowned at me once more but I could sense he believed my words more than he did before.

" Now Severus, if you don't mind I have to go home, I wouldn't want to appear suspicious, "