Chapter 10

Remus had already apparated home, clearly he was angrier than I thought. I had looked around the house for awile, but I had quickly understood he wasn't here anymore.

As I came back down the stairs Peter and Siruis had already left. So I said my goodbyes one last time to lily and James before apparating home myself.

There I was, standing at my front door. It definitely needed to be repainted, I thought as I saw the black on the sides begining to fade away.

The house was cold, I knew that Remus had a habit of prefering the cold but it was colder inside than outside.

I walked down the corridor and enter into the kitchen, then the living room, he wasn't there.
I check our bedroom, bathroom but nowhere could he be found. He hadn't come home.

I didn't think he would be as mad as to run off but apparently I had been wrong.

I sat down on the couch in our living room with a cup of tea, thinking, hoping that he might come home.

But as the hours past and no one walked through that front door I begun to worry. I had stayed up all night and now I needed to meet the order, without a minute of sleep. He was most likely going to be there, he had never missed a meeting.

I was one of the first to arrive, though madeye was already sitting down at the table.

"ah Viel, good morning girl!".

"good morning Alastor," I managed to mumble up,

I took a sit at the table as we awaited the others though it didn't last long, as McGonagall appeared she gestured for me to follow her into the next room.

"So you said yes to Dumbledore I've heard," she muttered,

"how do you know?" I questioned,

"Remus,"

My eyes widen, "Remus? Remus! That's where he was last night? He came to see you?".

"yes dear, he needed to talk,"

"So he chose to speak with my grandmother?"

"To him I'm also his former teacher, besides I liked the boy far before you even met him,"

"nice to know," I groaned,

"dear, he reacted badly but he's really worried, the two of you seriously need to talk,"

"is he willing to? Because I continuously try to talk to him about serious topics and he keeps avoiding them,"

"don't be bitter dear, just try again,"

"easier said than done you've never seen a stubborn Remus,"

"oh I'm sure I have dear," she said as she lightly smiled than proceeded to walk away,

I shook my head as I smiled at my grandmother who was now talking to Alastor. Than I suddenly jumped at the sensation of someone's hand on my shoulder.

"have an uneasy conscience do you?"

"Rem ?" I asked as I turned around to face him,

"the one and only," he nervously laughed as he scratched the back of his head, he did that when ever he was unconfortable,

"listen I'm really sorry about last night," I tried to explain but he cut me off,

"not now, we'll talk about this at home after the meeting alright?"

There it was again an excuse to run away, "fine but no escaping this time Lupin," I called out as he begun to make his way towards the table.

He simply turned around and nodded with this very serious expression, nearly to the point that it made me feel uneasy, what was he going to say?

"Alright," called out McGonagall to everyone in the room, "Dumbledore won't be joining us today so I will simply be giving you the groups we formed than everyone can go on with their day,"

She begun calling out everyone's name and in which group they would be. After a couple of minutes she arrived towards us.

" Peter, Lily and Remus you'll be off at the ministry, James Siruis and Viel, you'll be working on helping out those who need it,"

"what I'm getting stuck With the two BFF lovebirds," I groaned,

"yes," McGonagall confrimed, "I'm also leaving you in charge of not only keeping them in line but as to everyone in your group, you're leading this Viel,"

"what? Why? I'm clearly not the most experienced,"

"Dumbledore's orders," McGonagall justified, of course it was him only Dumbledore would make a rash decision like that,

"now you may all go home, thank you for your time," McGonagall smiled before leaving the room than the building entirely.

"don't you find it wierd?" James asked me personally for some reason,

"what?" I asked,

"all the couple's, they've been separated, you and Moony, Lily and I, Franck and Alice, Molly and Arthur,"

"not really I think that putting couples together could put the others in danger, if you see your parther in danger you're going to stop everything else to help them,"

"Maybe you're right, but still,"

"listen I too would prefer being able to keep an eye on Remus to make sure he's fine but I know it would just distract me, I think it's for the better,"