Chapter 46

I opened my eyes, but I was no longer on the floor of my living room. I stood in large field, tall grass surrounded me.

Everything was dead, burnt out by the heat of the sun. I pushed the grass aside as I begun to run, trying to escape the field I could not see beyond.

I ran and I ran but there was no end to this field. Panic arose within me, why was that? I wasn't escaping the tall grass was I?

What was I running from?

Than out of nowhere I heard a large crack. The ground crunched beneath my feet. I looked down and there I saw my reflection shattered into a million pieces, I had walked on a mirror.

My, no, I corrected, this was my brother's mirror.

"Why did you shatter me?" I heard his voice echo between the tall grass, "My wand was all that was left of me,"

"Bleddyn, I'm sorry !" I begged for my brother's forgiveness, "I'm sorry!"

The grass swirled and rustled as a large gust of wind came crashing through the field.

The sun disappeared and night fell. The field was silent and still.

The grass fell apart as if it were decomposing and in the distance I saw something.

A large black coat spread itself across the field, never had I seen such a dark color. The stars reflected off of it.

At the end, someone was attached, wearing the coat as they laid on the ground. Slowly they stood up.

Long black hair, the same dark color as her coat. She turned around and looked me directly in the eyes.

I looked at myself, she was me. I stared at myself as myself in return stare back.

She touched my hair, "Blonde" she shook her head, "won't do,"

"black" I muttered under my voice, "why black?"

She let go of my hair and looked behind me, "careful," she whispered in my ear, "They're all just as vicious as the last one you loved,"

I looked behind me but there was no one there.

"You should look forward more often," she continued, "you watch your back too often that your chest is exposed," she smiled as she picked up the end of her coat, "he'll grow on you,"

"Who?"

"You'll care to much and you'll lose everything,"

"for who?" I asked again,

"Viel,"

"yes?"

"Viel," her voice grow distant, "Viel," her voice morphed, it was deeper than before, "Viel!"

"Remus?"

"Wake up!"

The field disappeared, it felt like I was falling, as my living room came back into sight. "Wait!" I called out, "No.." I cried as I raised my hand into thin air.

"Viel!" I heard the same voice again,

"Off!" I screamed, "Get off!" I waved my hand violently around to push whoever was near me away, "Don't touch me! Never!" my voice cracked as I tried to fight of tears, "leave me alone!" I couldn't speak anymore I felt horrible and my whole body ached.

"It's Ok, calm down!" The masculin voice tried to sooth but I was still caught up in between reality and fiction, I couldn't even recognize his voice.

"No!" I cried, "No!" I fought back as he grabbed my hands so that I would stop hitting him. As he did I shrieked in pain.

He pulled up the sleeves of the black coat, "My god," he gasped, "what on earth happened to you?"

I shrieked once again and tried to pull my arm away, "Let go!" I opened my eyes and finally faced him, "Let go!"

"Viel, we need to take a look at those wounds,"

"Let go!!" I violently pulled my arm away and though it immensely hurt I was finally freed.

He tried to grab my arms again but I kicked him back. He fell to the ground with a large thud and a groan as he stared at me in shock.

"You stay away from me Remus!"

He eyes stared at me in horror, I didn't know if it was because I had kicked him or if my wounds still shocked him. Maybe it was both.