Chapter 52

"There is just one more thing,"

I turned on my heels as we exited the creepy dining room to face Victor, "what?"

"The dark lord asked me to transfer this message to you,"

"yes?"

"he wishes for you to meet with the half-breed werewolves and transfer this message, - the dark lord invites them to join him, "

"Why would he want me to do something so important?"

"he's testing you, he knows for a fact Dumbledore is trying to convince them to join them instead, he wants to destroy his plan,"

"right,"

"and about what I said earlier, I needed to say something that would prove to you that I'm -"

"enough," I stopped him from speaking another word, "you are seriously going to get in trouble,"

"what else am I to do!"

"Victor! What are you hoping from me? Even if I were a traitor I just got myself meddled into the dark lords work, I can't exactly help you,"

"stop saying 'if' I'm well aware you're only here as-"

"shh-" I hushed him, "take me home, than we'll talk,"

"as you wish," he violently grabbed my arm without a single thought,

"ow," I cried as the scenary of a more familier town came into place, "you have to be so brute?"

"I'm tired of trying to convince you who I really am! Please Viel! I need you to believe me, I can't live like this anymore. Pretending to be my father's good old loyal son, I know you can't help me but please at least believe me so the weight of playing this evil role can at least in some form of way be lifted from my shoulders. I feel so much guilt for the things I've done,"

"Victor, stop I never doubted you were telling me the truth, except the first time you told me. I just couldn't give you an answer, I've put to much at risk in order to get this close to The Dark Lord's circle,"

"See even now you can't give me a straight answer,"

"I never can, I can't trust anyone who wears that black cape,"

"I'm already aware of your meetings with Dumbledore and with your mother, could you even begin to imagine how much fury father would have if he knew?"

"I can guess?"

"The answer is you probably wouldn't live to see another day, he dispises that women, yet I know and he doesn't!"

"alright Victor! What do you want me to say?"

"Don't abandon me, please,"

In that moment I rembered the first time I laid my eyes on Victor, the first thing I saw was a young teenager.

Somehow I let myself forget that, because in that moment I could see fear, guilt and regret buried deep in the back of his gaze.

In the end he was just a boy who got dragged into this mess. He was extremely mature, intelligent and talented for a 17 year old but that didn't change the fact that he was still 17.

"You have my word Victor," even if I barely knew him, even if I didn't know for sure if I could trust him, I couldn't help myself.

I felt the need to reassure this petrified little boy who was begging me for help, even if it meant laying my life down for his. Almost like, a maternal Instinct.

Maybe I wanted kids more than I thought, because I was constantly putting myself in danger for children I barely knew.

Maybe this was it.

"you can trust me to keep you safe," Death Eater or not he didn't deserve to suffer, I thought, "I hope I can trust you,"