Chapter 19

"Legiliomens," Siruis prononced, "Legilimans, Legoilimens,"

"Siruis come on!" I groaned, "we've done this a hundred times, you know that's not how it's prononced,"

"Lagilimens, Legillenens," he continued,

"you're getting further away," I sighed, this had been going on for five minutes, I was beginning to get frustrated,

"Legilinens, Legilimans,"

"You already said Legilimans! Would you please stop messing around! If you don't want to do it just say so! Please!"

"Legilimans," he repeated,

"for fucks sake Siruis it's Legilimens!" I felt like I had blacked out, did I just preform the spell? I didn't have my wand, what was happening?

I spiraled down into blackness just like everytime Siruis had performed the spell on me, I couldn't believe it, there was no way on my first try without a wand I had perfected this spell.

"No please," I heard a child's voice, "Mother please," a room begun to form, a small boy no older than 10 was kneeling on the floor in front of a woman who I assumed was the mother.

The boy pleaded and begged in front of the woman, it was a horrible scene to watch as the boy cried his soul out in front of his mother who didn't show any emotions towards her son's pain.

Than in the corner of my eye I caught the glimpse of a second boy, younger than the one crying to his mother. The boy was hiding under the staircase as if he wanted to intervine but was to afraid.

As I watched the boy's eyes fill with tears as he retrieved himself once again under the staircase. He knew something I didn't, than as his face was completely out of view, I heard the mother's voice for the first time.

She scoffed harshly and cruelly before calling out one of the unforgivable curses, "Crucio!" she screamed just before her own son begun to scream as well, as he reacted to the pain of the spell.

My heart begun to race, my head started to spin and I became incapable of breathing, this scene this memory was bringing something back into mine. Repression, Remus's words came back into my mind before I pulled myself out of Siruis's memories.

I felt uneasy, almost as if I were about to throw up. Was this a normal sensation or was I having a panic attack?

I kneeled down onto the floor of Siruis's basement, I couldn't bring myself back I was lost somewhere but unable to tell where.

I heard nothing other than the word "crucio" repeating itself over and over. All my senses had seemed to disappear. Before I felt something touch my back, than my shoulders than my whole body.

The warmth of someone holding me overthrew the sensation of the cold floor. Slowly they begun to rock me back and forth, until I had calmed down and was able to breathe normally once again.

I looked up and saw Siruis holding me tightly as he mumbled over and over, "it's alright, it wasn't really happening," I think he was talking more to himself than to me as I saw the tears in his eyes.

I placed one hand on his cheek which brought his attention back onto me. At first there was a look of concern before he turned it into anger.

" What were you thinking! " he shouted as he let go of me,

"it was an accident, I didn't actually think I was going to ever be able to do the spell especially without a wand!"

"without a? You don't have your wand?"

"No!"

"isn't that even more idiotic! What are you doing without a wand!"

"I left it upstairs, I don't need one when we're down here,"

"how can you be so sure?"

"because I trust you! Besides I would rather leave my wand up there, I don't know how I may react to some of my memories,"

There was a second of silence before Siruis's gaze again transitioned from concern to anger, "don't ever do that again! Not even on accident!"

"I won't, I'm sorry,"

"No you don't get it!" he shouted, "I can't have you looking in their, there are things you better not know! Things that would only make you feel horrible, you'll only be hurting yourself,"

"Siruis we've all got a difficult past and horrible memories,"

"no," he mumbled, "it has nothing to do with my past, I don't need you knowing certain things cause it will only make your life harder and that's the last thing I want to do, I don't want you feeling bad or feeling as if it were your fault, "

I was so confused, "what are you talking about?"

He didn't answer he simply stared at me for a few seconds before he walked out the room, "let's stop for today," he finally said before completely leaving the room.