Chapter 12

"Alright, puppy boy, I'm off," I called out to Remus as I begun to walk out the front door,

"we're you off to?" He asked coming down the stairs,

"The order, remember I have a meeting with my group this morning,"

"oh right, well I'll be waiting for you here kitten,"

"Alright, I'll see you later,"

"don't wonder," he called out as I closed the door behind me, that one I swear, I thought to myself as I apparated to the order's building.

James was already there along with Siruis surprisingly, "you too are here early, that's unheard off," I spoke as I took off my jacket,

"yeah well miracles happen," Siruis laughed,
"besides we need to talk," he had all of a sudden taken a serious tone, as I wondered what he wanted to talk about I remembered,

"Alright,"

he nodded, "after the meeting,"

Everyone had received schedules to follow and hours of observation, we would take turns in assuring the protection of civilians.

It wasn't an amazing plan but it was the best we had, no one knew what Voldemort and his Death Eaters were up to so we were constantly alerte.

"Viel, did you talk to Remus?" Siruis asked with a bit of concern, "I heard he had run off after the conversation,"

"he did, something he's been doing rather often lately," I sighed, "but he apparently goes to see McGonagall so I'm relieved, and yes we did talk I think things will be better now, in general,"

"good, I'm glad," he sighed in relief, "I've been really worried about Remus when I heard he'd been having insomnia again,"

"again?" I repeated to make sure I had heard correctly,

"what he never told you? I would have thought he would have said something since you were dating,"

"no he didn't, what is this about,"

"I don't know if I should tell you, I'm the only one that's aware of it, he didn't want the others finding out,"

"Why ?" I eagered for him to speak,

"stop it your trying to manipulate me into telling you,"

"fine than don't tell me, it's not like you'll be seeing all of my memoires making me completely vulnerable to you when we try Occlumency,"

"that's cruel, well played,"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that you're doing this to help me and I'm making you feel bad,"

"no I get it, Remus pretends to be truthful but he keeps alot hidden out of fear of what others could think of him. The problem is when you're close to him it gets frustrating,"

"I should ask him myself but I feel like when I ask him, he feels forced to tell me. It makes me feel bad,"

"argh! Fine ! I'll tell you but on one condition,"

"what?"

"That if I see a memory of yours that I think you should tell Remus you do it without question,"

"Alright fine!"

"fine!"

"good,"

"great!"

"Alright just tell me!"

"I regret this,"

"I know you do,"

He sighed, "forth year of hogwarts before you arrived, Remus's mother passed away. She had been sick for awhile and her illness finally took over. This was really hard on Remus but he didn't really share what he was going through.

One night I had been out, talking with a girl I liked at the time. I don't think Remus had realized because when I came back I saw him pacing around and about, mumbling to himself.

It was a bit terrifying if I'm being truly honest, it was like he was in a different state of mind, he didn't answer when I called him. He was a bit animal like.

I asked about it the next day and he made me promise not to tell anyone. But in the end when Remus doesn't sleep he losses control over himself like he does when he's, "

" a werewolf, ", I cut him off finishing his sentence,

" yes exactly, he can be really dangerous, that's why I was a bit worried for you, "

"Why ? he isn't really a werewolf, his bites and scratches won't be harmful,"

" maybe not like they would be on the full moon but getting badly attacked by werewolf even when not on the full moon affects the person, they'll give you wolf like behavior, "

" I didn't know that, how did I not know that, "

He shrugged his shoulders, "Siruis has some knowledge after all, "

"don't talk about yourself in the 3rd person it's wierd," I rolled my eyes at him, "I can't believe he never told me,"

"Remus tends to keep his problems to himself no matter how close you are to him he believes he'll bother you with them,"

I hummed slightly to myself as I was stuck in thought, though quickly I realized Siruis was still looking at me, "yes?"

"Well there's something else we need to discuss, Occlumency,"

"right,"