Chapter 2

Sometimes, war is a long expected outcome.
You know that one day it will break out, full of rage and revolt.

Other times it's an unreasonable, unexpected event. It was hiding, lurking in the dark, like a predator watching over it's prey.

Though this time it was neither, a young boy with a plan. He expected a war, though it's appearance was sudden, unexpected, maybe that's what makes a good predator.

Nothing was unexpected, none of our decisions, none of our reactions and none of our beliefs were expected.

When finals exams came around, the room was filled with a horrored unbreathable air. It wasn't stress and it wasn't concern, it was disgust, revolt and rage.

Ignornat but not naïve, students knew that in that room they were maybe sitting next to a future death eater.

Muggleborns felt unsafe and enraged. Voldemorts supporters disgusted by the Muggleborns who were breathing the same air.

It was a day I will always remember.
Not because of the tests, I can't even remember the questions, but because of that sensation. It was nothing I could ever perfectly discribe.

It had been decided, the second we knew. I had overheard my grandmother discussing the creation of an associatation to fight against Voldemort. The Order of the Phoenix.

Dumbledores idea of course, but we signed in the second we left hogwarts. James and lily's names were the first on the list. Siruis followed and so did Remus and I.

Peter had hesitated but I understood why, he always tried his best but Peter wasn't like James or Siruis he wasn't filled with courage and bravery, he just wanted to feel safe.

We were at a losing point at that time. The war had truly began in May but rapidly Voldemort began to win.

With every witch and wizard not on his side fearing his strength, the amount of people trying to fight against him were little.

Voldemort was intelligent and took advantage of the weaknesses in the magical community. Any species that felt overruled and badly treated by the ministry would join Voldemort. As he promised them a better life.

No creature desvered to be treated as less than another, yet the ministry continuesly mistreated more than a handful of them. Our losing was their fault.

It may had been an unexpected war, but it had been longtime coming.