Chapter 56

« Jonathan ! Please ! » I couldn't see a thing, everything was black, I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, all I could do was listen to this familiar voice cry out in pity. Dont hurt her Jonathan, she's your daughter!

Louise get out of the way! that name Louise that was my mothers so Jonathan must be- No daughter of my shall be baby, especially not by some filthy squib,

Light started to form and the black obscure room that turned out to be a nursery. The walls painted a light fade pastel green and the window curtains swayed profusely with the wind.

From a moment a wondered why the room felt so big but quickly I realised it wasn't the room the was large, I was small. I turned my head to the side realizing I was laying in a crib. Was this when I was a baby or was this all just made up, fiction? It had to be, I surely couldn't remember something from that long ago.

"Did you sleep well?" James raised his cup of coffee as he greeted me,

"No," I frowned as I made my way to the bathroom,

"Are you not going to eat breakfast?"

I shrugged while shaking my head, "Not hungry,"

There was a large thud as the plate filled with pancakes barely landed on the table in one piece due to the amount of force lily dropped it.

" Viel you need to eat! she crossed her arms, You havent eaten in days, its not healthy,"

"Lily!" James cried out,

"James!" She retorted in response, "Viel you have to swallow down something, even if it is just a slice of fruit,"

"I said I dont want to Lily, just let it go,"

"Lily dont insist, she wont eat, getting angry wont help,"

"Listen to James for once!" I hissed, "youre not my mother-" I stormed towards the bathroom and grab the handle, "-so stop acting like it!" I slammed the door behind me, clearly hiding in the bathroom and become my signature move recently.

"James you shouldnt encourage this behavior of hers,"

"Im not Lily, but seriously, listen to yourself, she's not wrong, youre treating her like a child. Shes the same age as you and your friend not your responsibility, James sighed as he stood up to comfort her, I know youre worried about her, I am too but you cant someone who doesnt want help. Shes going through something at the moment, give it time, shell come to you when shes ready,"

" I know, I know," she shook her head," But this is serious, this is destructive behavior, since-" she paused, even she didnt want to say it aloud," -well, she hasnt eaten, she hasnt left the house, she barely even leaves her room and progressively shes not even sleeping,"

I sighed as overheard their conversation from the bathroom, it upset me but mostly because they were right. I felt horrible after breaking up with Remus, I knew it was the right thing to do but that didnt mean that right meant painless.

I love him so much but what was the point of staying together if we had different plans for the future? I truly love him but now that Ive left him Ive finally realized the problems we had.

Hes changed since I meant him and not for the better, but I didnt care, his endless worries and stress didnt change how I felt about him, his pacing through the night and outbursts werent ever going to stop me from loving until he turned them towards me.

He would get angry for the smallest things, shout for no reason and clearly he didnt trust me as much as he used to, but honestly I couldnt blame him, because he was right not to. Im lying to him, Im to everyone.

Were better off like this, its safer this way. The last thing Id want is for him to get hurt because of the things Ive gotten myself involved in. I properly should have left him long ago, he may have been a dick, but he doesnt deserve to get hurt because of my reckless choices because deep down hes filled with good, I know it.