Chapter 28

"Where is it! Where is it?"

"please, please," my voice echoed into nothingness, "I don't know,"

Even with his large black cap covering his face I could see his malicious grin, "than maybe this will help you remember, Cruico!"

"STOP!" I sat up in a cold sweat, I was no longer in the office downsides but in my bed.

"Viel? Viel, what's wrong?" Remus grabbed my hand as he stared at me with concern,

"how I am, I was downstairs, and now I'm," I struggled to speak, "I was downstairs,"

"it was a nightmare honey, you had a nightmare,"

"but I was in the office again and he was there,"

"you're suffering from trauma Viel, it's normal, that was a traumatic experience,"

"no, no I'm not, I can't be,"

Remus sighed before pulling me down into the bed. He brought himself closer, close enough I could hear his breathing.

"try to go to sleep Viel, staying awake won't help you, I'm always here, don't worry,"

His words were reassuring but maybe he was right, maybe I was suffering from trauma again.

"Alright, Viel this is important!" lily spoke with such enthusiasm, "since Mary still hasn't been able to come home were gonna have to prepare for the bridesmaids together,"

"Sure no problem! Do you already have some ideas?"

"Well to be honest I've pretty much picked everything out already we just need to buy them,"

"Great then let's go shopping!"

"wait! There was just one thing left, the bridesmaids dresses, I still haven't picked,"

"do you have an idea of what you might like? We should maybe start by going shopping for that than?"

"I do have a little bit of an idea but I really wanted your help for this!"

"Why?" I looked at her a little confused,

"you have great taste in dresses, I've seen what you wore for the Christmas ball and for your first date with Remus!"

"howowah! Oh wow thank you!"

Lily chuckled, "you're so adorable sometimes,"

"wha, what does that mean?"

I felt a little at a loss for words as I stood in front of this huge store with thousands dresses in every corner.

"Woah!" we hummed in unison as we stared with amazement,

"So, where do you start, how do we start?"

"Well," I turned to face lily, "let's start by the colors you would like,"

"Well we plan on having a forest wedding so I was thinking something that wouldn't clash,"

"so like, greens, maybe light yellows and pinks,"

"that could work, let's ask for help!" lily turned around in all directions looking for someone who worked there, than suddenly her eyes shot open, "excuse me!" she called out as she begun to run towards whoever she had seen.

"Lily! Wait!" I laughed running after her, there were a few seconds in which I had lost her but I quickly found her by following her voice, though I wasn't prepared for what I saw.

"My goodness Viel!" lily laughed it off but I couldn't help but stare at the women, "the two of you look so alike!"

"yeah, what I coincidence," I tried to play it off,

"anyway, we are looking for a bridesmaids dresses," lily's voice faded out of my mind as all I could do was stare at my mother.

"would you show me the picture of your wedding dress?" she had such a soothing voice, I can't imagine how much Violette must have loved having her mother read to her.

"Viel? Viel!"

"What!" I quickly snapped back to reality,

"let's go take a look, you're going to be my model of reference, you'll have to try the dresses on,"

"Sure, no problem lily,"

I tried on maybe 10 or 15 dresses, to be honest I lost count after the third because I wasn't concentrated on what I was doing.

The only dress I remember wearing was the last one that lily ended up choosing, after getting my opinion on the dress as well. It was a beautiful light pink fluffy dress, it looked as light as a feather but it wasn't actually a bit heavy, though I didn't mind.

"if you ladies like we have a small backcourt, you could take a look at what the dress looks like in the sun,"

"that would be lovely thank you," lily smiled with joy, I could tell she was a big fan of this dress,

"Woah Viel !" lily gazed at me,

"what?"

"it's so pretty in the sunlight, you look gorgeous!"

"really, you think?"

"I don't think, I know, it makes your hair shine aswell, actually your hair has gotta pretty long,"

I looked down at my hair, she was right it was really long, I normally never let it grow out so long.

"I kind of miss you bangs though," lily chuckled, "they really suited you,"

"to be honest with you, it wasn't on purpose I've just completely forgotten to take care of my hair,"

"Well keep it long for the wedding, that way we can style it, I'll cut your hair for you afterwards if you like!"

"I would like that," I smiled

"Alright and how many of these dresses will you be needing?"

"hmm," lily looked up at the ceiling for a second as she thought "4 please,"

"Alright, well they should be here by next week,"

"oh, Viel,"

"yes," I tried to appear as natural as possible, pretending like I hadn't just stared at Louise's name tag for the past 5 minutes,

"next week I'm not here, would you come and pick up the dresses?"

"yeah, no worries I'll keep them safe until you come back,"

"wonderful, then I'll be seeing you next week young lady,"