Chapter 65

Disclaimer : this chapter mentions trauma from assault.

"What do we do? She's been asleep for two days, if it goes on like this we're going to have to warn lily and James otherwise they're gonna begin worrying,"

"I don't know," Remus brushed his fingers through his hair before tugging at the roots in frustration, "I don't wanna end up doing something she'd disagree with, I think she's already mad enough at me as it is"

"just say I took the decision,"

"Siruis, no, I can't do that,"

"who cares mate, what matters to me is Viel's well-being and to be honest I think we're in desperate need of lily's healing capabilities,"

"I'm just as good at healing spells as lily thank you very much,"

"Viel !" Siruis sighed in relief as my eyes slowly open, "glad to see you haven't lost your cocky attitude,"

"it's a personality trait at this point," I smirked trying to hide the pain I was in,

"How are you feeling?" Remus bearly managed to ask, too hesitant to come any closer towards the bed

"Well I've definitely felt better,"

"how bad's the pain levels?" he insisted,

I didn't answer, I didn't want to admit how badly it hurt because at the end of the day this was my fault and they were dealing with my mess. I think at this point they had done more than enough for me.

"Viel, these are wounds done by a werewolf,"

"it wasn't the full moon,"

"Full moon or not," Remus barked, "they are bloody painful, get easily infected and they will leave scars,"

"Welp," I turned to look at my right shoulder, slightly moved my left leg and hissed in pain, "Imma have to rebrand myself,"

"come on, be serious about this for two seconds,"

"No!" I cried, "I don't wanna lay here and think about it, I keep deflecting your questions and your concerns. I keep making jokes about it cause I just want you to shut up. I don't wanna think about it."

"Alright, alright okay, I get it,"

"No you don't!" I gulped and gasped for air my throat throbbing with pain as my voice cracked desperately trying to hold back tears.
"I can't - I'm trying so hard, so hard, so hard, so fucking hard but everytime I blink, it's just a second but I' m trapped in that cave again. I'm pinned down against my will and I'm helpless, so helpless, so weak, so desperate. A million thoughts run through my head,"

I raised my left hand, staring at it as if it contained my thoughts, "why did you let them touch me? Why was I so vulnerable? I should know better, right? I should have been on my guard,"

"Viel this isn't your fault? Siruis frowned with concern, "you are not responsible for their actions, it's their behavior that is unforgiven. You should never feel guilty for that. Nothing you could have done could excuse the way they treated you,"

"is it not? Really not?"

"of course it isn't Viel," he sat down on the edge of the bed as delicately as a leaf falling to the ground, "you didn't deserve to be treated like that, no one, no matter what, deserves to be humiliated and abused like that. So don't beat yourself up about it you've been through enough,"

I wouldn't have be able to say why but his words were so soothing to my conscious. I felt understood and listen to and he spoke with comprehension and compassion. I don't think I had ever really seen this soft comforting side of Siruis before.

" Now," he shifted only a few inches closer to me on the bed, "I think it's best you stay still in order to allow your body to recover,"

"you're not going to leave are you?" I mumbled, "please don't, I don't wanna be alone,"

"you don't have to be alone Viel, you never have to be alone if you don't wish to be, I promise I'll stay here as long as you need me too,"