Chapter 37

Remus zipped up my dress as I tried to quickly finish my makeup, “Don’t stress we still have time darling,” he breathed into my neck as he left a few kisses along my collarbone and up the side of my neck.

“Stop,” I giggled, “it tickles,”

“does it,” he hummed, “You look incredible in that dress,”

“thank you and you can take it off of me later, not now, we do not have time,” He frowned at me throw the mirrors reflection, like a beaten up puppy, he begged with his eyes, “absolutely not Remus, no expectations, now let’s go,” I grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him out of the bathroom, unwillingly he followed.

Guests had started to arrive and chattered among each other, there was excitement and joy flowing through the air, it was a sensation I had almost forgotten. I was greeted by familiar and not so familiar faces but I didn’t mind, it was nice to see so many people gathered together for such an incredible reason. The extrovert inside me jumped with joy at the sight of so many occasions to get to know new people. Remus on the other hand not so much.

So many people standing in front of him was extremely stressful for my poor introverted puppy, I laughed a little to myself as I saw his panicked expression. “I’ll stay with you,” I hushed into his ear, the relief on his expression was immediate.

Soon enough the wedding begun as everyone was told to take their sits. James stood up front in a magnificent black suit, he had combed his hair, though it hadn’t cooperated very much, at least you could tell he tried. As the music started to play Lily came walking out with her father, her mother immediately started to cry at the sight of her daughter, sadly though her sister didn’t attend.

She wore this magnificent white floral wedding dress, that trailed behind her as she walked down the aisle.

No one had seen Lily's dress until today, including me, who had helped pick all the dresses except for hers.

She carried a large bouquet of pink and white flowers and her hair had been curled.

Lily never curled her hair but of course she would make an expection for her weeding day.

James’s parents also begun to sob as they watched their son lose his cool, his eyes watering with emotions. It was the first time I had ever seen James cry, as Lily made her way towards her future husband the silence among the guests was absolute.

We all waited impatiently for them to speak their vowels. Lily went first as James tried to calm his nerves, “James Potter,” she begun, “from the very first day we meet,” she paused, “I hated you, you were so obnoxious and insisted,” James sighed as he smiled shaking his head, “but you were right to be insisted, had you not, we may not be here today. For years I thought you were joking, that you flirted with me because it was easy since we were friends and that you teased me for fun. It annoyed because deep down even though I didn’t yet know it, I wanted it to be true, not just a joke. You may have been obnoxious but you were also kind hearted, brave, hard working and a reliable friend. You’re always ready to help others and you are very maternal with your friends, that one I’m sure whether or not I should worry,” she smiled starring towards us, “at least I don’t have to worry about you being a good father you’re already an excellent mom, James,” she sighed as she meet his gaze, “I love you and there is no one else on this planet I would prefer to be with, you have always stood by my side and I wish to stand by yours until death do us part,”

“Well,” James coughed and sniff through his tears, “I don’t know how I am suppose to top that. Lily you already know this but I love you, I truly do, ever since I met you, way back when we were eleven. Clearly even though I was persisted, I hadn’t made myself clear, so let me make myself clear, here today. You are everything I’ve ever dreamed off and even further beyond that. You are my trust when I fail to see the truth, my light when I fail to see and my strength when I fail to feel it. You make me a better man simply by staring at me, so to be able to call you mine you make me nearly perfect and I say nearly because just me isn’t perfection but together we are complete, so that baby is going to be amazing. There is no one else with who I would want to have a family.”