Chapter 13

"ouch," I slightly yelped, I had just cut my finger as I didn't pay attention to what I was doing.

I was nervous, I wasn't going to lie, I was supposed to meet Siruis for Occlumency in a couple of days. It was all I could think about.

"you hurt yourself didn't you," I heard Remus ask as he came down the stairs, "I can smell it,"

"I see the full moons having it's affects on you," I laughed, "what exactly do you smell? My pain? My fear?"

"your blood," he hushed, I think it disgusted him,

"oh well be a dear and hand me a bandage,"

He walked up behind me and kissed my shoulder gently, "I already did, here," he delicately placed the bandage in front of me before moving away and sitting down at the table, "what's worrying you?" He asked after a few seconds,

"nothing out of the ordinary," I carefully placed the bandage on my finger so it wouldn't bother me later.

"I didn't even need my senses this time to know you're lying,"

"At least one of us enjoys the fact you can read my mind," I huffed,

"I don't read your mind, and you know I can't help it, I'm sorry," he sounded like a beaten puppy,

"I didn't mean it like that," I sighed as I walked over and sat down on his lap, "they're more annoying for you than they'll ever be for me,"

He seemed uncomfortable and I wasn't sure why, "yeah well, whatever, I'll have these symptoms no matter what,"

"are you alright? " I hadn't really paid attention to what he had just said, "you don't seem, well.."

"I'm fine," he growled, he often did that before the full moon, it didn't scare me as much as it once did, but obviously something was bothering him. He only growls when he's angry, uncomfortable or upset.

I got off of his lap thinking maybe that was it, I knew he was more sensitive before the full moon. "well in the mean time dinner won't cook itself," I patted down my shirt before getting up from the couch.

"wait," he whispered so quietly it was barely audible,

"what ?"

"please tell me what's wrong,"

He was really insisting, "why? I told you, it's nothing to really worry about, I'm fine Remus, I was a bit distracted is all,"

"No," he hushed, he never spoke loudly, sound bothered him before the full moon, maybe I was actually talking to loud myself,

"what do you mean no?" I lowered my voice as I sat back down on the couch,

"I can feel it, I can smell it, I can see it, it's like you're problem is inside me, just tell me so I can worry less,"

Was I really that stressed that he could smell it?

"it's about Occlumency," I slightly hesitated but decided I should just tell him,

"you haven't started have you, not yet right?" He seemed panicked,

"I haven't but I'm suppose to and I'm nervous about it, I have a general idea of what is going to happen but I think I'm worried about having someone be able to see every thing I've ever lived,"

"it'll be Siruis, you can trust him,"

"I do trust him, I just, I don't know,"

"It's frightening to feel so vulnerable,"

"yes," I hushed, "that's it,"

He smiled and I understood why he knew exactly how I felt, "that's how you feel before every full moon," sorrow filled my heart, I hated how much this affected him,

He shrugged a little, "it's gotten easier with each moon, I don't feel as vulnerable about the symptoms I get before the full moon, maybe because I kind of always feel vulnerable when I with you,"

"what's that suppose to mean?"

"it's not a bad thing!" he raised his hands in defense, "it's good I promise!"

I chuckled, "I'm messing with you honey, I'm happy you feel safe around me, enough to let yourself be vulnerable,"

"yeah well it doesn't really change the fact that I'm still a nightmare to live with,"

"that's not true, I love living with you, I wouldn't want to live with anyone else,"

"yeah? Not even someone who doesn't become sensitive before the full moon, someone who doesn't lose their mind on the full moon, someone who you have to care for every single time afterwards?"

"I like caring for you the next day, " I smiled, "it's the best moment,"

"wh, why ? Doesn't it at some point become bothersome?"

"nope!"

He look downward towards his feet, "you know I'd prefer if you weren't around at the full moon,"

"I know, but I also know it helps you mentally knowing I'm here with you,"

"maybe, but 3 days before and until the full moon passes I'm really dangerous for you,"

I smirked, "I highly doubt that, if you get to agressive I'll just smash some pots and pans together,"

He slightly laughed at my joke, "that's mean, but I'm being serious,"

"how can you possibly be dangerous before the full moon?"

"you become prey," he hushed, a little embarrassed it seemed,

"what, what does that mean?"

"when the full moon comes werewolves hunt,"

"yes? I know, that's why, stay away from werewolves they bite,"

he shook his head," that's not what I mean,"

"Alright," I shifted onto the couch once again, "clearly this makes you uncomfortable but I'm sorry I'm not getting your metaphors so please just explain,"

"before the full moon I'm really aroused!" He blurted out as quickly as his mouth would allow him to say it, afterwards he was as red as a tomato and as I processed what he had just said I stared at him blankly.

"could have just said so," I finally said, "it's not embarrassing,"

"not embarrassing? Are you kidding! Did you understand what I'm implying?"

"for gooddnes sake Remus!" I sighed, "I'm you're girlfriend, I would hope to hell that I'd arouse you,"

His face had turned a darker shade of red, "whatever," he mumbled,

I shook my head as I laid down on the couch my head laying in Remus's lap, I looked up at him and asked, "Is that why you were uncomfortable before? Because I was sitting on your lap,"

He nodded, still to embarrassed to form words apparently. "has this always be a symptom you've had?" I asked a second question,

He shook his head, "since when then?" I asked him to clarify,

"since we've lived together," he spoke in the quietest voice possible, "I think my body kind of reacts to you,"

"isn't that normal?"

"no I mean, it reacts to your smell, as animals do like it's, it's animal behavior,"

"so you're implying that your body before the full moon sees me as a possible mate,"

Red flushed on his face again, "I mean I'm not complaining," I smirked, "seems your wolf side also as a crush on me,"