Chapter 50

"Viel, could you hold the shopping bag open,"

"Sure," I watched as lily placed a dozen of apples in the bag, "you've been eating an awful lot of apples recently, is it a craving? "

"you could not even begin to understand," she chuckled, "I crave apples so badly I dream about them,"

"ah well, better dream about Apples than something else,"

"like what?"

"imagine craving octopus!"

"oh god stop! You know I hate seafood!"

"prawns, oysters!"

"stop!" she hit in the arm, "argh just thinking about gives me the shivers,"

"Lily ?" James called out, "should I get dark chocolate or do you want milk chocolate?"

"James I'm pregnant! Not on a diet get me the milk one!"

"Alright!"

"by the way," Lily turned her attention back onto me, "James is fine with you staying with us,"

"thank you, I really appreciate it,"

"I didn't specify why you asked to stay with us but he isn't naïve, he knows, which means,"

"which means Remus will know," I finished her sentence for her, "I know,"

"so don't you think you should talk to Remus before he hears it from James?"

"morally, yes that would be the right thing to do, but I don't think I can face him,"

"I get, take all the time you need,"

The clock wouldn't stop ticking, obviously, it was a clock that was what it was supposed to do, but I wished it would shut up.

I tossed and turned in my bed for what felt like an eternity but in reality I knew it had only been 15 minutes.

So I decided to get out of bed and remove the clock from my room. Strange, I thought, as I rampage across the entire room without finding a single clock.

Maybe it was in the corridor, "Viel ?" the lights suddenly turned on out of nowhere,

"James!" I jumped, "god, you scared the shit out of me,"

"sorry," he paused, "what are you doing it's like 2am?"

"2am? What? I swore I went to bed at 11 and I swore I was only in bed for 15minutes,"

"ah, it's the beginning of insanity,"

"Shut up! That's not funny,"

"it is a little,"

"but what if?"

"what?"

"what if," I squeezed my hands together, "I am actually losing my sanity,"

"Viel, it was a joke you're not really-"

"but there's just- I have these wierd dreams and now I'm hearing things and I'm forgetting the notion of time and-"

"OI," he moved closer and lightly rubbed my arms, "you're not insane, you're under alot of stress is all, stop being so hard on yourself,"

"but, this isn't normal,"

"maybe not," he shrugged, "you are most likely traumatized by some things that have happened recently and whatever is going on with Remus isn't helping,"

"so what do I do James?"

"you take things one step at a time,"

I sighed, one step at a time, "Alright," I walked towards the front door,

"wha - wait what are you doing?"

"taking things one step at a time," and with that I opened the front door and left.

I lifted up the fake pot plant and unlocked the front door to my house. All I'm doing is grabbing a few of my belongings, I thought, I need them considering I'm staying with James and lily.

"Who's there?" I heard Remus asked the second opened the door, shit I had hoped he was asleep.

"just me," I answered a little unsure,

"Viel?" I heard him get off of the couch and walk towards the front door, "what are you doing here at this time?"

"I needed to pick up a few things, that's all,"

"at 2am? Could you not have picked a more-" He paused, "oh I see, you were hoping you wouldn't have to see me,"

"No Remus, it's not that," it was definitely that, "I just I couldn't sleep and James was there and he said take things one step at a time and-" I paused, "this is me taking one step,"

"what do you mean?"

"Remus," I sighed, "I'm staying with James and lily for awhile,"

"oh," was all he managed to mutter,

"I just need some time is all,"

"No, of course, I get, go ahead I guess, grab what you need, I won't bother you, I'll stay in the living room,"