Chapter 38

Music roared even louder than the laughter of the guests as the bridesmaids danced with the groomsmen.

Siruis bowed down in front of me as he offered me his hand. "Shall we? Dear Maid-of-honor," he smirked

"We shall,  Best-man," I smiled in return,

After lily and James gave their opening dance the three pairs of groomsmen and bridesmaid danced away.

The maid of honor and best man formed a pair while the other three groomsmen, Remus, Peter and Frank dance with one of the three bridesmaid, Betty, Eleanor and Alice.

The bridesmaids beautiful flowing pastel pink dresses glowed with the fairy lights as the night begun to arise.

"look at you," Siruis whispered into my ear as they danced, "You've never been more radiant, I don't think I've seen you so happy in the longest time,"

"There hasn't been much to smile about recently," I put on a small painful smile as I gently rest my head on his shoulder, "I'm glad, even if it's only for a day that we get to forget about everything else," I paused for a second before adding, "I'm tired Siruis, I don't know how much longer I can do this,"

A frown placed itself upon his expression, he could tell that I was tired, I didn't need to say it. I had been putting myself under so much pressure for to long and now, it was finally catching up with me and he knew,"I know, " he sighed as he lightly rubbed my back, "I know honey,"

"Hmm," I slightly mumbled, I hadn't really heard him.

"Put yourself first," he suggested, "you've put everyone else in front for too long, the last thing I want to see is you suffering, not again, never again,"

"Why do you say that?" I finally raised my head again,

"I just, I care about you Viel," he smiled but that smile quickly faded when his gaze met Remus's, "I don't want anything to happen to you," he gently whispered, "alot of people care about you, especially," he gestured to where Remus was standing, "especially him,"

Sirius released me as he moved his hands away, maybe, he thought that it would stop Remus's piecing gaze. He stared at his friend as to let him know he would now leave me alone, "You should go and see him," Siruis suggested, "I'm gonna go get something to drink anyway," he didn't want to leave this conversation but Remus's clenched fists made him understand he didn't have a choice.

I tried to acted completely oblivious to all of the tension that had just manifested itself between the two men. So without hestiation I walked towards Remus as Siruis suggested.

"You alright honey?" I asked Remus as I passed a hand gently over his arm,

"I'm fine," was his answer but his body language betrayed his words,

"Too many people? Come," I lightly pulled on his jacket, "let's go for a little walk,"

I tied my fingers with his as I tightly held his hand. I knew that he would most likely grow jealous of my dance with Siruis but I had never thought he would scare him away.

"Remus," I dug my feet into the ground and stopped walking, we were far enough from the wedding. I moved closer to him a again tighten my grib on his hand, "I love you,"

He smiled at my words, "I love you too, did you? Make us move away just to tell me that?"

"No," I moved in closer, "I need you to know that I only love you,"

"this has to do with Siruis doesn't it? What did he say?"

"Nothing honey, nothing at all, this is about us,"

He tilted his head a little as he frowned, "Us?"

Was now the time to bring this sort of thing up? "sometimes," I bite my lip in hesitation, "I think about tomorrow, about next week and next month,"

"Yes? You think about the futur? Oh" he stopped, "You think about the future, this is a weeding, oh,"

"Oh ?" I asked, "I haven't said anything yet,"

"I know,"

"I wasn't even going to talk about marriage,"

"right,"

"Remus," I hesitated to ask, I didn't know whether I was going to like the answer or not, "Do you not want to ever get married?"