Chapter 40

"Hold on," Siruis pulled out of his pocket a light blue handkerchief, "let me help you," he gently rubbed the handkerchief under my eyes, "I think I managed to clear up most of your makeup, I'll take a better look when we get closer to the lig-"

He seemed so surprised by my hug that he stopped talking mid-sentence, "thank you Siruis,"

"Anytime," he gently patted the top of my head, "Anytime,"

"Give me the handkerchief!" I called out as I pulled away from the hug, "please, oh god!" tears started to fall down my cheeks again, I tried to hold them back but it didn't help.

Siruis didn't say anything about it, but I could tell it made him upset to see me cry, "I'm fine," I lied, "just give me a minute," tears came down even faster, "oh," i was surprised, I thought I was getting a grib over my emotions.

"hey," he hugged me from behind after I had turned myself away from him so he wouldn't have to see the emotional mess that I was, "It's alright to cry, I don't know what he did but I know first hand that Remus can be a jerk, but most of the time he doesn't mean what he says,"

"right," I sniffed, "most of the time, this time I'm sure he meant it. I wish he didn't, but deep down I think I know he does,"

"Viel," he tried to reassure,

"He said he'd leave me if I was pregnant with his child," I sort of blurted it out, I didn't want to say anything about it but I couldn't help but tell Siruis.

"He, he, he," he seemed frozen on that single word, like a broken record.

"Siruis would you say that? Would you ever say that to the person you love? Even if you meant it?"

"No, I couldn't, especially if I knew that it meant to much to the person, if you really want children, never should he have said it like that,"

"Than I'm reassured in knowing you wouldn't do such a thing,"

"Viel, do you really want children?"

"I don't know, maybe," I sighed, "But apparently that won't be an option, not if I stay with him,"

Siruis frowned, looked towards the ground than back up at me, than towards the ground again. He wanted to say something but he wouldn't be able to spit it out, "Viel, there's something you need to kn-"

"The wedding!" I interrupted, "I need to do my speech, oh god! My dress!" I looked down at it and groaned, I had covered it with dirt a damp leaves.

"No worries!" Siruis pulled out his wand, "I'll clean it!"

Than with one flick it was clean and with a second flick Siruis put his wand away a swooped me off of the ground.

"Do you mind my dear maid of honor if I carry you bridle style, it seems fitting and we wouldn't need you getting that dress dirty again!"

I giggled at his stupidity, "No, not at all Bestman!"

Soon enough we made it back to the wedding just in time. Siruis went ahead and gave his speech first. He talk about all the pranks they used to pull while in hogwarts. McGonagall shook her head several times and Siruis kept on making deer puns.

"two individuals so fawned of each other" and "they have the purest harts," An inside joke obviously only a few would understand.

As Siruis sat down at the end of his speech everyone cheered and applaused. Now it was my turn.

"Lily," I started, "I would like to begin by thanking you," she smiled at me, "for everything you've done for me, for being my friend when others told you to stay away, for introducing me to the mauraders, where I meant,"

I paused a slight second, how I meant Remus, I thought, "where I meant Sirius," tonight for once he could shine instead, "a man that's often forgotten but I've never forgotten Sirius, how you always stood up for me, supported me and have encouraged me, that's why tonight you're James's best man. These two individuals have always granted the impossible to those who are standing in this room today. You have brought joy and love to all of us, so it's only fitting that today you get the chance to,"

I looked up to the sky, I swore I had just seen something move,"that you get the chance to feel and express that same happiness. I wish for nothing more for the three," I gestured to lily's stomach, "of you to live peacefully and happily together. You deserve it, you really -" my eyes wondered to the trees in the distance, "do. So," I smiled at the crowd,

"Let's raise our glasses," my eyes narrowed towards the trees in the distance again, "in honor of them!" everyone raised their glasses high in the air, above their heads. "Let's celebrate them!"

They roared and all together they shouted, "To Lily and Ja-" The crowd in front of me was covered in mist.

"Get down!" Siruis shouted as he jumped onto me pushing me to the ground.

"Death Eaters!" I heard someone shout,