Chapter 48

"Where is she?"

Remus had only just open the front door, "Is she okay?" Sirius asked,

"Since when has she been here?" lily added,

"Guys, she's resting upstairs," Remus moved out of the doorway and let the three enter, "She's in a pitiful state though,"

"what happened to her? The last we saw her was when," James looked to lily than Sirius, "when a death eater grabbed her and pulled her away,"

"oh, she must have spent a horrible evening in that forest!" Lily cried,

Sirius glared at Remus, "I can't even imagine what she went through,"

The two knew that it wasn't a friendly or sympathetic glare, as they stared each other down.

"So?" lily asked again, "what happened to her? "

"I don't know," Remus sighed, "she hasn't said anything yet,"

"she'll need time, it was probably a traumatic evening for her," Siruis turned towards Remus again, "For multiple reasons,"

"You're right Sirius," Lily agreed, "I'm going to go check on her, see if there's anything I can do for her wounds," She quickly climbed up the stairs and knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come in," I called out,

Slowly she opened the door and gave me a small smile, "Hi,"

"Hi,"

"I came to check on you, see if I could help with your wounds,"

"Thanks Lily,"

"Let me take a look!"

She pulled out a chair and sat next to my bed. She looked at my arms than she saw my leg, "You splinted?"

"yeah," I sighed, "long story short, don't apporate when you're wounded already,"

She pulled out some herbs from her bag, "I'll take care of your leg first so you can walk again,"

"Lily," she raised her head and looked at me,

"yes?"

I looked at the window and frowned, "There's something I need to tell you,"

Downstairs there was an awkward tension between the three men. As only James stood unaware of the situation.

"What's going on between the two of you?" he finally decided to ask, "you've kind of been weird around each other recently but this is just getting out of hand,"

"Ask Remus, he'll know first hand,"

"how childish can you be Sirius,"

"childish!" Sirius scoffed, "You're one to talk! You should be lucky she hasn't ripped your head out! Oh wait? She hasn't had the chance yet, since you abandon her at the wedding which ended up getting her caught by a DEATH EATER! "

"It's not my fault she was targeted!"

"Maybe not, but you definitely weren't there to protect her!"

"OI OI!" James cut through, "what's this about abandoning?"

"Mate!" Sirius waved his hand pointing at Remus, "didn't you realize that Remus disappeared right before Viel's speech?"

"No?"

"This asshole abandoned her in the forest!"

"I did not abandon her!" Remus shouted, "I just left!"

"right! Of course, how stupid of me!" Siruis sarcastically hit his forehead with his hand, "Because if she gets pregnant and you leave, that's not abandonning your child that's just leaving her to DEAL WITH YOUR CHILD!"

"What?" James asked confused,

"Enough Sirius!" Remus ignored James, "This doesn't even have anything to do with you, so stay out of it!"

"I can't do that Remus and you know it. I can't watch you hurt her like that! She deserves better than for you to abandon her!"

"I know she does Sirius!" there was a silence in the room for a short instant, "Of course she deserves better but I can't give her what she wants! I just, I just didn't know how to say it,"

"Than maybe you shouldn't have said anything,"

"She was insisting! What was I suppose to do? Lie to her?"

"Maybe! It would have been better than breaking her heart!"

"Would it! Would it have been better Sirius?"

He sighed, "No, but why did you say it the way you did Remus? She's never going to forgive you, there's no coming back from what you've said,"

"I know,"