Chapter 5

In the end, Marianne had to cancel her afternoon schedule and return to her room.

In fact, she had been earnestly waiting for a birthday party for more than a month, not hiding her excitement. All of a sudden, she suddenly looked dejected and said, 'Please take care of my birthday party, you two!" Hugo and Mrs. Icell looked at each other in embarrassment. Hugo cautiously asked her what happened, but she told him she had nothing in particular.

Of course she wasn't okay.

Could she be okay? She could not be okay. And she was not supposed to be okay.

She sighed deeply, sitting in the bedroom alone. She let Cordelli out of her room with the excuses that she wanted to rest. Tears from her long eyelashes dropped onto her dress.

Only then did she realize why she felt stuffy all morning.

'Going back to my past doesn't mean that my hurt feelings were healed. I am still the same.'

Her life in this world was her second chance. Whether it was a dream or real, she had enough time to change her future in this world. And she was determined to do anything to avoid falling into the same trap as she did before.

But she really trusted and loved Ober until yesterday. That was her true feeling.

Of course, she could now guess that there was wicked motivation behind his words and actions, but she could not say that her happiness and excited feelings when she didn't really know him were fake. Denying her feelings back then was too harsh for her. She felt so upset about the fact that she had to remember her happy memories of him as the humiliating moments because of his crime.That was too big a price for her foolish heart.

'Bad bastard! Why did you deceive me like this? Don't you know how much I trusted and loved you? You punishment won't be enough no matter how heavy it is!'

She wiped away ceaseless tears again and again.

If she didn't get even with him this time, she would be sucked in again. She would rather curse at him while biting her lips. She wouldn't be dumb again. She knew all this well.

But just knowing it didn't mean that things would work out well for her.

"Boohoo..."

In the end, she cried loudly like a child. At her crying, Cordelli, who was pacing up and down outside the door, opened the door without her permission and came in with a worried look.

But her tears never ceased. Rather, tears came down like a dam that opened a floodgate.

The whole annex plunged into chaos when she cried. Not only the chief maid and the butler, but also Duke Kling, who came back less than one hour after hearing that, tried their best to comfort her in vain.

She was beyond their control.

In fact, she needed more time to recognize his betrayal and cry.

The mansion, which was in chaos because of her crying, was back to normal in the evening. Marianne fell asleep after crying a lot as if the world fell, but she woke up because she was hungry, strangely enough.

As a result, she had to eat soup with swollen eyes in front of her father, Cordelli, Mrs. Icell and Hugo, and the family doctor Laeneek, who just arrived for her checkup.

She felt ashamed as she had to eat amid their attention, which she didn't notice when she was crying loudly.

They constantly expressed worry while she was eating.

She had to repeat like a parrot that she was alright whenever she was asked.

None of those gathered there believed her, but she had no other choice but to say so.