Chapter 148

Compared to her previous life, Marianne was a little better at weighing some options in her present life. It was something like her sense of reality that she learned after meeting Eckart.

Marianne began to rebuke herself a bit, but she soon finished justifying herself. And she looked straight into Kader's eyes.

Kader again burst out into hearty laughter at her daring reply and attitude.

"That befits the size of your destiny!" said Kader, who seemed to be happy.

"Now, go!"

After she said that, Kader moved back three steps. She held the spear correctly, which she was grasping at an angle, and cut Mariane's body. It was so quick and accurate that Marianne only realized it after she was cut.

"Kader...?"

Even though she was cut in half by the spear, she didn't feel any pain. Embarrassed, she looked down at her body. What poured out instead of blood was a whitish, bright lump of light.

'Didn't she kill me?'

When Marianne wondered and lifted her head again, half of Kader's image was already hidden by the bright halo around her.

"Let's meet again on the day of awakening."

Her strong voice rang in the light like an echo.

* * *

Calm air. The familiar smell of the trees and the wind blowing somewhere. A slight chill that tickled the back of her hands and fingers.

Marianne slowly raised her eyelids. The light of the crystals hanging on the ceiling was so dazzling to her eyes. When she frowned unconsciously, someones' touch around her hands quickly disappeared. She felt empty, strangely enough.

"Ostashu!"

Somebody called the name with a low voice. Marianne recalled what happened. She seemed to have heard it several times somewhere.

So, Ostashu, Ostashu, Ostashu...Was it von Louiche?

"Have you come to your senses, Lady Marianne?"

He was Eckart's primary physician as well as the director of the Imperial Medical Service. He was there when she was returning from Roshan. She had seen his face several times when he came to see her for her meal menu.

"...I'm alright."

Mariane nodded slightly in bed. She felt nostalgia from the rustling pillowcase. Though it was hard to explain, it was clearly from the scent that she smelled when she met Kader, something she felt all the time in the real world.

'Obviously I've come back to the real world.'

She took a long breath, lost in idle thoughts. Ostashu checked her pulse, body temperature, complexion and pupils. Although she wanted to say that he didn't have to check so thoroughly, she didn't want to bother to do it.

After doing the checkup, Ostashu nodded toward the other side. Then he left the room immediately.

Marianne turned her head to the side that he looked at, namely to his right.

"... Your Majesty."

It was Eckart who was looking at her, about two steps away from her bed. His gaze that seemed more pale than usual looked heavy.

"... Are you alright?"

Marianne slowly got up and sat on the top of the bed.

"I'm okay. Did I pass out for a moment?"