Chapter 13

After that, Eckart continued the conversation for a bit with them and then issued several edicts.

Colin came out with a handful of edicts with a sullen expression after the meeting was over.

"I really can't work in this cabinet!"

Jed was fit to be tied when he called a servant on standby and had him carry a golden tray full of the emperor's edicts, and continued, "I wish those damned bastards would be struck by the thunderbolts falling from the sky!"

"No murder, please!" Colin said.

"Of course not. Anyway. The Euclid family, which produced hundreds of wise men like you, should answer like that. Why don't you monopolize all the goods words in this world?"

Shaking his hand with fury, Jed disappeared to the left of the forked road, sneering at Colin.

Colin, who had to go to the opposite side because his ministry was located in a different place, pouted.

* * *

The family of Marquis Euclid was among the top five distinguished noble families in Aslan. It was called the intelligence of the empire by producing the largest number of great scholars since the founding of the empire, and there were a few emperors who didn't have the great scholars of the Euclid family as their teachers.

Even Emperor Frei VII was the best disciple who had been taught by Sir Simon, the Education Minister, since he was a crown prince. Sir Simon's three sons all served as royal officials, and Colin, the youngest of them, was the most famous.

Colin von Euclid. His name was usually mentioned on two occasions.

Firstly, his name was mentioned because of his extraordinary memory as he never forgot what he once saw, and secondly, it was mentioned as one of the closest few advisors of Frei VII. Marianne noticed Colin's capabilities for the second reason.

"Iric, what time is it now? I'm tired..."

"It's a little past nine o'clock."

"Why hasn't he come back yet? I wonder if he's not coming back today."

"There was nothing unusual about the servants' conversation... It seems that he will finish his work at the palace a bit late today."

Iric opened his pocket watch again in a small pocket inside his jacket.

Unlike his appearance when he came to the capital, he looked great as he was dressed in a formal suit now.

Marianne smiled happily, thinking it was good that she bought him new clothes.

"It's so nice to see you dressed up like that. You look like Hugo."

"Well, I feel rather nervous because I can't carry my sword here."

"But you are much less noticeable that way. Please carry it like that a little more."

She pointed to a black cello case that was placed obliquely on the back of the sofa.

Iric was going to say that he was nervous because of that case, but he shut up.

"Did you say we have guests here?" asked Colin.

"Yes. Two guests are here, and they said they promised to see you here today..."

"Me? Today? At my house?"

"Yes. They have been waiting for three hours until now. "

"But I don't really remember that I made that promise. Who are they?"