Chapter 120

As if he felt a bit better after drinking good wine, he dropped his voice softly.

"For example... Your wife, Margaret, who is the maid of Elias's wife, or your brother Liu, who works at the stable of this house..."

But the barbaric nature of his language was deeper than before.

The man, who turned white at Ober's mention of his family members, spit out his saliva and stretched his trembling arm.

"Marquis, please don't touch my family...! "

"Shut up. Do you think I summoned you here to hear your begging like that?"

Ober stepped back from his standing position, out of the man's. The long shadow of his body covered the man who lay face down.

"As of now, let me relocate the moles. Keep an eye on Elias, Duke Hubble's son, well when you go back. In particular, monitor the movement of those who watch him, even though they are not my moles. Have half of the moles monitor Duke Kling's words and deeds, and the rest of them watch Elias's wife."

"Yes, sure, will do. So, please have mercy on me, Marquis. Please. please..."

"Erez. My goodwill does not arise indefinitely. If you bring me a satisfactory result, of course, I'll give you a corresponding reward. By the way, I like fast and accurate information. Waiting long is not my cup of tea."

"Absolutely. I'll meet your expectations by all means. So, please wait for a little longer."

"Get lost!"

"Yes, sir... "

The man stood up wobbly. Ober stared at him with a cold expression on his face when he adjusted his clothes and turned in a hurry. As the door opened, Giyom, waiting outside, came in, bowing to him.

"Sir, Lonstat's daughter is repeatedly asking to see you."

"Is that stupid girl still in the mansion? I clearly told you to convey to her that I was busy, right?"

"Yes, I did. But she keeps insisting on seeing you, saying she wants to meet you even for a brief moment."

Ober waved his hand strongly as if he was sick and tired of her.

"I'm sure she has been forced to come under Earl Lonstat's strong pressure. I just don't know how many days he has been protesting against me. How annoying! Never let her in here. If her mother goes back, I think she will also follow suit."

"Got it, sir."

After he was done with his business, Giyom left the room.

Massaging his nape that felt hurt, Ober slowly retraced what happened last night.

Mrs. Chester looked surprisingly happy after she returned from Hubble's house in the evening.

When he looked at her with an embarrassed expression, not knowing what she was up to, she whispered happily that she would soon draw a new card.

She advised him that he prepare some moles just in case, as she had a good idea. Her new card was Elias. He was Hubble's only son as well as his biggest headache. He was often despised because of his hot temperament and his lack of political acumen, but he was an easy prey for political manipulation.

Although Elias was stupid, he was not comparable to the duke's collateral relatives by blood.

He was ambitious for political power, but very clumsy in calculating political dividends in the real world. Though he was foolish, he had lots of wealth, which meant people didn't need to be wary of him while they could get lots of political benefits by using him.