Chapter 157

"Think about my suggestion. This is a very rare and good opportunity, " said Mariane, smiling with her green eyes sparkling. It was an innocent and lovely smile.

"Let me leave now. I'm so relieved to see you in good shape."

Having said that, with which Roxanne couldn't be more pretentious, the unwelcome intruder and maid left the room. She could hear them disappearing from the door. A maid stuck her head out to look at them but closed the door quickly when she noticed Roxanne.

"My arse! What do you know about me?"

Roxanne glanced at the closed door and stamped her feet to go back to the bed.

After staring at the empty chair for a while, she finally screamed and flipped the blanket over.

"Ahhh! So annoying! How despicable! Ahhhh!"

Leaving the Lonstat Mansion, Marianne's carriage headed to a mansion not far away.

Although Marianne couldn't distinguish the many noble houses on both sides of the Noble Road, there was one that she could single out, which was Marquis Chester's villa.

"May the Goddess bless you. I'm Annette of Levedev, and I'm honored to see you!"

It was Mrs. Chester's maid Annette who greeted her at the entrance.

It was the first time Marianne shared greetings with her, but her black hair, which looked as if it had been soaked in black ink, was familiar to her. With neatly combed hair and a dark dress, she was always there where Mrs. Chester could find her easily.

"I wish you the blessing of the goddess, too."

"Mrs. Chester is still in the main building's private room taking care of some work."

Annette stepped back with a businesslike reply. Marianne followed her with Cordelli while looking around.

As she had come here several times, she was familiar with some of the stuff in the house. But that was not enough. She thought she might need to check out the people coming in and out of this house as well as the servants on rotation duty more carefully.

The three men stopped in front of one room while Marianne was examining her surroundings carefully with a sense of duty. Just looking at the skeleton of the closed door and the walls on both sides, she could see how fastidious Mrs. Chester's taste was. Finding something that was not shiny seemed easier than finding a special gem.

"Madam, Lady Marianne is here."

"Please let her in." Mrs. Chester gladly replied.

While Annette opened the door, Marianne took a deep breath, holding a folding fan.

"Welcome. May the Goddess bless you!"

Mrs. Chester approached her with a pleasant look. Her wide rosy dress spreading on the carpet fluttered at her every step.

"I wish you Anthea's blessing too!"

Marianne smiled brightly, wishing the goddess's blessing for the woman who killed her mother.

In the large room behind her, there were a bunch of luxurious treasures ranging from pearl earrings and perfumes in glass bottles to mannequins with dresses on them and display cupboards higher than Marianne. She was not moved at all by this spectacular scene.

There was a reason for Mrs. Chester to escort her into this room when she obviously knew Marianne was visiting at the appointed time.

"There are a lot of treasures here. What were you doing?"