Chapter 84

At that moment, Eckart let out a sigh unknowingly. Apart from the fact that each of her words made sense, he was surprised to find himself persuaded by her gradually.

He even took her annoying words differently. He felt more frustrated about her mention of 'wife' rather than 'tyrant.'

As always, Marianne smiled brightly with an innocent expression.

"So, please rest today," she said.

He inhaled a breath. Without any notice, her slender arms embraced his shoulders and waist. Even though she wasn't strong, he lay on the bed as she guided him. His hands, which seemed to push her aside right away, were gently put on her shoulders.

Watching them, Curtis and Kloud frowned at the same time.

"You said you wouldn't be stubborn. Do you want to have your wedding suit stained with blood while attending the engagement ceremony? I'm squeamish with blood by nature. If I see your blood, I'm going to scream and pass out on the spot."

Looking down at his blue eyes, Marianne posed a threat that was not scary at all.

"...Got it. Let me have the ceremony the day after tomorrow."

In the end, Eckart gave in. While he was breathing in with a heavy heart, she pulled a blanket in person and covered him.

Behind her back, Curtis and Kloud were casting a glance at her in confusion just like him.

"Sleep early. Don't think about anything. If you wake up tomorrow morning, let me come back so we can eat together."

Having said that cheerfully, she left the room.

Thump!

After the door was closed, the room was silent for a while.

"Well, hum...Your Excellency, I want to ask you something..."

Kloud plucked up the courage to say something.

"No, later." Eckart cut off his words. He already seemed to know what Kloud was going to say.

"Got it. Please call me anytime when you need my help."

Kloud lowered his head, not hiding a warm smile on his lips.

He almost pulled out Curtis, who looked more serious than him.

Soon, a strange silence settled in the room.

Eckart let out a big sigh, covering his eyes with his hands.

* * *

The great hall of the Roshan Temple was the holiest sanctuary in the empire.

The ninety-nine pillars, carved out of pure white marble, represented the dates when their god Airius stayed on earth. Underneath the enormous murals of the portraits of the nine gods, there was a flame that never ceased to burn. There were plates containing the holy water of Benoit Falls between the windows that reflected the light of the day and the darkness of night.

Marianne walked along the spacious corridor. This was the only luxurious place in the temple that pursued extreme poverty. Anecdotes of the nine gods embossed on the pillars caught her eye.

Gods ranging from the god of light Airius, to the goddess of the earth Anthea, the god of water Ran, the goddess of fire Serapina, the god of wind Zephyrus, the god of time Urd, the god of night Tanatos, the god of delusion Astrid, and the goddess of fate Kader.

In addition to the seven colors of the rainbow as well as black and white, meaning light and darkness, nine colored gems representing the nine gods gleamed brightly everywhere. If it were daylight, the natural sunlight would have dyed the whole temple splendidly.