Chapter 156

"Well...can you wait in the parlor for a minute so I can ask the lady and then come back..."

"Oh my goodness. I don't want to disturb the patient like that. I should go and see her. I'm not bad enough to harass the patient."

The maid was silent at her asking.

"So, where is her bedroom?"

As she confirmed that Marianne was determined to see Ronstat, the maid helplessly escorted her to her bedroom on the third floor.

The maid made the wise decision. She knew after Lady Marianne left, she would get a good scolding from Lonstat, but even in that case, she would be cursed at for several hours as punishment.

If Lonstat annoyed Marianne, not only she but also her remote relatives would have to be ready for heavy punishment. Besides, her family was on good terms with Marquis Chester, who was as powerful as the emperor. It was natural that even Earl Lonstat checked Marianne's moods as they didn't want to turn all the prominent nobles in the capital as well as the imperial family against them.

Wielding the power she possessed as much as she could, Marianne stopped in front of Lonstat's bedroom.

Soon the maid knocked on the door and said, "Lady!"

There was no answer from inside.

"Lady! You have a guest here."

Again it was silent.

Checking her face once more, the maid once knocked on the door more nervously.

"Lady, are you still in sleep? A guest is here to see you."

"..."

"Lady? Miss Roxanne?"

As if the silence in the room was her own sin, the maid nervously waited for Ronstat's reply.

While looking at the closed door quietly, Marianne turned to her.

"Just open it. I think she is already awake."

"Pardon? However..."

"You don't want it? Can you step aside so I can open it?"

"Oh no!"

The maid shook her head and hurriedly refused. Soon the door was opened. With Iric standing next to the door, Marianne walked in with Cordelli.

The bedroom was pretty gorgeous for an earl's daughter. The furniture unified various colors and the gilt paintings on the walls caught her eye. The fragrance of the garden and the sunshine was streaming through the open window, and on the tea table in front of it there was steaming of tea. The puzzle pieces scattered next to it were half finished, showing that someone tried to put the puzzle together.

Warning Cordelli with a look, who was already making a frown, Marianne approached an empty chair in front of the table and sat down.

"Well, it smells good. It looks like your taste is pretty classic. There are very few who make tea from lotus leaves these days."

Ronstat still didn't respond. While watching the patterns drawn with blue paint on the white teapot, Marianne turned her face to the bed.

"I brought a present for you too. Aren't you curious?"

The blanket which was rolled up to cover her moved a bit.

"If I had known that you liked puzzles, I would have brought one from my house. I have a big puzzle that I've got my eye on. As many as two thousand pieces..."

In the end, Roxanne sprang up to her feet, kicking the blanket.

"Wow, you finally got up. It's been a while."