Chapter 160

"Dang it! Didn't I tell you repeatedly that when you appear before me, you have to make me know you are around?"

"I'm sorry. I knew both of you were together, but you told me the other day that I didn't need to be on alert when you were with Lady Marianne..." Curtis fumbled.

Instead of blaming him further, Eckart looked at him as he walked away.

"That's enough. If I give you advice on this, get used to it as soon as possible from now on."

"... Yes, Your Majesty. Let me keep it in mind." Curtis looked down for a moment before bringing up the reason he was there. "I've got a message from the mole you dispatched to Roshan."

"How about Ober's minion?"

"I hear those who were supposed to be witnesses were led away, but I don't think they originally lived there. They are most likely pretending to be Chester's moles."

"Chester's moles...."

Eckart gently touched his straight jawline with his fingers. Pondering over something for a moment, he glanced at Curtis's back and asked in a low voice, "What about the situation in Lennox?"

"I conveyed the revised list Lord Feyegrino. As there was no particular protest from Marquis of Balua and Earl Essenbach, I don't think there is any problem with your plan."

***

"Giyom."

Ober called his minion. Giyom, who was standing behind Ober, walked to the other side.

Duke Hubble gladly let him go. There was a strange atmosphere arising like a haze.

"Now that you cleared up your misunderstanding of me, I will leave for now, if you don't have anything else to say."

"Please do."

Duke Hubble reopened the book that he had been resting on his lap.

Crunch.

Hearing the noise of him twisting his neck, Ober rose from his seat and said goodbye, "Have a good rest."

Inside the wagon heading back to his mansion, Ober murmured, buried deep in his fluffy seat,

"It's time to get rid of that old dotard."

When he stretched his legs across the sofa, Giyom sensed his mood and filled a wine glass.

"How many moles are left in Duke Hubble's mansion?"

"According to Miss Arnette yesterday, there were a total of fourteen, except for the two who we lost contact with. Fifteen, all told, including Erez."

"You don't have to assign them to the duke anymore. Leave only one behind just in case, and have the rest of them keep an eye on his son, Elius."

"Will do, sir."

"What about the moles being dispatched to Roshan?"

"I had them prepare horses to take them there. By now, they are already on the way.

As for the latest intelligence on the investigation, I updated the report and gave it to you two days ago."

"The investigation is enough. Don't receive any more intelligence because there are many watchful eyes around. As for our moles, bring them back alive to the capital. They should never be lost until we find them useless."

"I'll keep it in mind." Giyom bowed politely.

Ober lifted and turned the glass of red wine in the air. The liquid, the color of blood, climbed up and slid down the clear glass wall when he moved it.