Chapter 97

Mrs. Chester, who was arranging the flowers on the table, made a voluptuous smile.

"The bouquet would go well with your dress, too."

Beatrice pointed at the table with an eye signal.

The bouquet was rustic and elegant. It was a bouquet of nine peonies mixed with the white jasmine branches that symbolized Goddess Astrid. A lot of green leaves and light-colored flowers were used to give off a fresh feeling.

"I originally tried to use more colorful flowers..."

Focusing on the flowers, Mrs. Chester distorted her glance faintly. When she was thinking about the failed plan and broken pots, the scars on her nape felt painful.

"Most of the flowers I brought here perished because of the wagon crash. I hurriedly picked up some flowers from the temple garden. I hope you like them."

But there was no trembling in her eyes after looking at Marianne again. Her grey eyes resembed Ober's sparkly black gemstone eyes.

"Obviously I like them. I trust your discerning eye." Marianne laughed brightly like a child who knew nothing.

Meanwhile, Cordelli gathered her hair and braided it loosely. Beatrice pulled out the dress that she had folded neatly. The white and elegant dress spread, revealing its beautiful shape.

Of the two priests who helped Mrs. Chester with arranging the flowers, Hess approached and helped her get dressed. She had nimble fingers, and put on fresh reddish rouge on her lips, a soft lapel over her thin slip, white stockings, and low-heeled shoes under a long skirt.

Finally, a long, long veil covered the silver tiara, modeled after the wind of Zephyrus.

"Well... how do I look?"

Marianne looked around with a slightly awkward gesture.

Her dress was a dobby silk dress, gracefully revealing her body line with a square neckline deeply slitted with the clavicle. Instead of wearing any lace or jewels, she had the edges of the skirt and sleeves embroidered with silver threads. Renato, the symbol of the temple, and the lily patterns of her family, Duke Kling, made a harmonious match.

"I heard that Mrs. Margarita, the exclusive designer of the Imperial Costume Bureau, paid special attention to it..." said Beatrice, raising the frame of her glasses.

"Wow! It's more than expected."

"What a good match! You're beautiful."

"It's a bit different from what you usually wear, but it's even more elegant, isn't it? I would say it's like a private uniform made just for you. Anyway, you look the most beautiful! I wish I would like to call a painter right away and ask them to draw a portrait. Wow! my lady looks beautiful in any dress!"

Followed by Mrs. Chester and Priest Siel, Cordelli heaped her praise with a gentle voice.

It was definitely a dress of unique and noble design. It emphasized purity rather than splendor, so it seemed to fit well with the sanctification ceremony.

"Do I look good, Priest Hess?"

"Pardon? Yeah! Yes, yes! Oh, you look like Goddess Anthea!"

Hess, who looked aghast in one corner, replied loudly.

As she couldn't meet her eyes because she was always shy, Hess opened her eyes wide in excitement, which was comparable to Miss Rane's thrilled expression when she looked at the dessert dishes at the recent ball at her mansion.

"Oh, thanks all! Thank you, Priest! " Mariane replied, smiling playfully.

"If you are ready, I will take you to the main hall now."