Chapter 182

Cordelli sneered at that. Their conversation was too friendly to be taken as their first meeting.Marianne hastened to find an answer before Cordelli exploded with anger.

"Well. I know that Elam is a wonderful castle, but I'm not sure if His Excellency will allow me to leave Milan. "

"... His Excellency?"

Hearing that, Shahar knitted his brows as if he pondered over something. Then he quickly laughed with a confident look, saying, "Oh, you're the lady he mentioned! The unprecedented whore who controls the emperor and Marquis Chester..."

Cordelli yelled at him even before he finished talking, "Hey! What the hell are you talking about? Watch your language!"

Roxanne quipped, "Our lady is the only daughter of Duke Kling. What's more, she's formally engaged to His Majesty! What the hell did you say? Whore? Oh my god, what gentleman can dare babble such groundless rumors before a lady? You are not a gentleman but a crazy jerk! Who the hell allowed you to come here? Get back ten steps from my lady! Otherwise, I'll call the knights!"

"My lady, Miss Roxy is right. I don't know what noble title he or his father has in his home country, but I think it's very unlikely that he is a high-ranking aristocrat comparable here in the Aslan empire. How can a man with such a title be rude to you? Obviously, this guy was born in a plain family and didn't learn manners properly. I feel disgusted at the way he is speaking to you so rudely. Even though he is from a foreign country, you shouldn't deal with this guy who doesn't know elementary etiquette," Cordelli said, fuming and frowning.

Marianne alternately looked at the angry Cordelli and Roxanne. She thought she had to stop them, but she couldn't think of any plausible excuses right away.

The man was standing too close for her to remind Cordelli that she had already told her about the man briefly. And it looked like Roxanne would be upset about her, not him, if she reminded Roxanne that she was also very rude to her recently.

And on the other hand, she thought to herself, 'Yeah, he is really rude. But as I already know that man is a Faisal's royal family member, I don't feel that bad, but Codelli and Roxanne might feel he is a crazy guy. I don't know if he is rude by nature or behaving rudely on purpose? '

She felt she didn't need to give him a bad impression from the beginning because she was not sure how he would be used by Ober.

Marianne grabbed Cordelli's arm, who was about to go get Iric right away. Roxanne, whose temper was as fiery as Cordelli's, also expressed hostility to him without hiding her displeasure with him.

'I'm in trouble now. What should I do? ' Marianne looked around, agonized for a moment.

Right at that moment a familiar shadow was approaching her from the central entrance. Dressed in the capital's latest fashion and neatly swept hair, which was pretty dark as if soaked in dark red paint, he was none other than Ober.

"Sir Ober!" She did not hesitate to call his name loudly. When she called, not only Cordelli and Roxanne but also Shahar turned their eyes at him.

"May the blessing of Anthea be bestowed on you, Marianne!"

Approaching her, he greeted her politely. She smiled brightly as he raised his body after kissing the back of her hand.

"I wish you the same blessing of Anthea. I thought you were at the palace. I wonder why you are staying at the mansion at this time. "

"I left early because I had an appointment with a special guest."

"As for the special guest..." Marianne glanced at Shahar standing next to him.