Chapter 33

It was the girl with shiny blonde and fresh lime eyes who was staring at her with a cute expression at the tea party.

"Madam, do you happen to know Ms. Roxy? I think she was born and raised in Lonstat," Marianne asked.

Mrs. Charlotte replied without thinking too deeply.

"I guess you are talking about Roxanne."

"Oh, her name was Roxanne."

She casually thought it was a pretty name like her face.

"She is a daughter Earl Lonstat cares about very much. Before you arrived here, there was a widespread rumor that she would be the emperor's fiancee."

"As the emperor's fiancee?"

"Because Duke Hubble and Marquise Chester highly recommended her."

Now Marianne could understand the whole situation. She understood why Roxy stared at her intensely at the party. Obviously, Roxy thought she suddenly appeared and took away her promised status as the emperor's fiancee. Besides, her strong backers were Hubble and Chester. It was quite understandable that Roxy felt like her pride was offended when she realized Marianne beat her despite Hubble and Chester's strong backing.

What kind of person was Earl Lonstat?

"What kind of answer do you want?"

"Well... a frank answer?"

Marianne grinned, with her green eyes sparkling.

Mrs. Charlotte shrugged her shoulders before answering.

"He is Duke Hubble's running dog."

Unlike her cool tone, her selection of words was very irritating.

"Do not misunderstand. It's not a nickname that I coined. Even the members of the Hubble faction allegedly don't like him. And there is a rumor that the man who gave him such a nickname was Hubble's son Sir Illius."

"Sir Ilius..."

"He is called Minor Duke even after he turned 40 because Duke Hubble has total control of the family."

"Well, I guess he is not on good terms with his father?"

"In public, he acts as if he respects his father, but who knows his intention?"

Marianne was lost in her thoughts.

'Can't he be helpful to me? It's hard to imagine Ilius betraying his family. Well, Ober and the emperor are half brothers with different mothers,' she thought to herself.

"By the way, at the Marquise's tea party... ... . "

Mrs. Charlotte, who was watching Marianne carefully, opened her mouth.

At that moment, someone knocked on the door urgently. When Marianne nodded slightly with a puzzled face, Mrs. Charlotte allowed her to come in.

"Lady!"

It was Cordelli who came in. Her face was flushed red. Gasping for breath as if she came running, she came right to Marianne and hung on to her.

"Oh my god. Please go out quickly. Come on. He will arrive in the main building lobby soon."

"Who is arriving? Who? Emperor?"

Marianne stood up, led by her hands, and was almost pulled away. Mrs. Charlotte also made a perplexed expression.

"Duke Kling, your father has arrived!"

Cordelli shook her head as if she felt stuffy.

"Huh? What are you talking about? How come my father came here..."