Chapter 146

Of course, all this happened in her previous life. It did not happen in her present life given by God's grace. Neither her father, her only blood, nor Emperor Eckart who knew what's going on in Aslan, could blame her stupidity because they didn't know what she experienced in her previous life.

As a result, it was she who was supposed to feel all guilt and self-reproach. Only she, who was now living a second life, could curse and blame her previous foolish life.

She was willing to reprove herself. She reproached all the choices of her previous life and all the hopes she had in her present life.

And she wished all this were a dream. She wished if you closed and opened her eyes, today was just one of those days when nothing happened...

"I'm sorry. I tried to apologize, but I really didn't know anything, so I'm so ashamed and embarrassed to tell you that I didn't know... But now I know how terrible it was. It's too late...Still, you are kind, so I want to ask for your forgiveness even now..."

Marianne cried while speaking to Eckart. Her words were messed up while she was speaking.

Eckart couldn't understand what she was trying to say exactly. Perhaps even the words that she might have chosen unconsciously tormented him. Strangely enough, he was more bothered when she said she "suffered" than she "committed" something. He also couldn't figure out why she wanted to apologize to him.

But he couldn't think anymore. Even before he opened his mouth, he moved his body first.

He quickly made two steps toward her and instinctively reached out.

"Marianne!"

Eckart squeezed her wrist and pulled it strongly. Pushed by his strong force, the jewelry earrings she was about to swallow fell on the floor.

"I won't allow you to act recklessly any further."

His warning voice was full of anger. Swallowing jewelry or accessories was one of the methods that a noble lady chose to commit suicide. In fact, she tried to kill herself before his eyes.

Marianne looked back at the earrings on the floor and raised her head again. Slowly blinking her blurred eyes, she smiled faintly.

"Your Majesty. The cardinal in Roshan told me that my life was the last grace of Goddess Kader. So maybe... If I die again, then maybe I can go back to the good old days. I mean, going back to the days further away from the present, those days when nothing has yet gone wrong."

"What are you talking about? This is just the stupidest thing you can choose."

"Your Majesty, just let go of me. I can fix it. Please."

Marianne begged. But Eckart resolutely shook his head, saying, "I can't."

"Please!"

"Marianne, look! Your father is there. Your wrong decision will torment your father his entire life."

And perhaps it would be a shackle that he could never shake off.

Eckart didn't speak further and just pointed to Kling.

He was looking at her with a painful look, as if he couldn't believe what was happening before his eyes. There was no resentment or anger in his gaze. It was just full of self-reproof and despair.

She became more angry at his expression.

"I know. I've already done that to you before. So, please let me go! I can fix it. Even if something goes wrong, it's going to be all my fault. I won't blame anyone. I'm just going to be responsible for the mistakes that others made because of me. Don't I have the right to take responsibility for myself? Why can't I make the decision this by myself? Just leave me alone. If I go back once more, then I really..."