Chapter 139

"Estelle, We have to go back now. It's still too cold for you to be out for an outing at night..."

Kling pulled and wrapped his wife's shoulders as she was looking at the garden from the annex's balcony when it was raining.

"But I don't feel cold at all."

"I do not know. Would my baby think so too?"

His wife Estelle was almost due. As she got barely pregnant right before she turned 30, the couple loved their pregnant baby so much. It didn't matter whether it was a boy or a girl. They just hoped that the baby would be born safely and grow up well with their overflowing love.

"Got it. Let me give in today, " said Estelle, turning and patting her belly that was swollen like a mountain. The two left the balcony and went into the warm room.

"Do you want to eat anything tomorrow morning?"

"Well...Oh, I would love to eat sherbet, with a bunch of strawberry syrup sprinkled on it.

As for the main dish, how about steamed fish? I've been eating too much meat these days, so I feel like I want to eat some fish."

As she had bad morning sickness, he wanted to treat her to any food she wanted.

"Good. Let me tell the kitchen staff about it. If you want to change what you want to eat tomorrow morning, tell me anytime. Let me get everything ready..."

At that moment, he suddenly felt cold in the back of his neck and stopped speaking any further.

"Honey?" Estelle called him as he couldn't finish his words.

The sound of somebody twisting the door was heard clearly. Fear crept up her neck.

'There should be nobody coming through the balcony at this late hour. Robber or an assassin?'

Duke Kling hurriedly hid his wife behind his back and tried to call somebody who would help him, which was the best option for him at the moment.

When he thought as far as that, he quickly twisted his body and tried to call anybody outside.

"Duke Kling!"

The black shadow at the door on the balcony called him.

It was a woman wearing a black cloak and a hat with a black veil. Even if it was soaked to the skin by the rain outside, Kling felt its heavy moisture even from a distance.

Kling frowned. Although he could not be sure of the identity of the shadow, he could not call the servant in the opposite room of the house because the person's voice was too familiar to him.

It was a woman's voice that he never thought he could hear up close like this except at a public or an external event.

"... Her Majesty?" he asked.

As if responding to his asking, the shadow took off the wide brim hat and black gloves.

Her blonde hair was slightly wet from the rain. Her eyes were frozen blue. It was none other than Empress Blair.

"Oh my god, Your Majesty! How did you come here alone? It's raining so hard outside..."

On behalf of her, who stiffened like a piece of wood, Estelle grabbed a blanket from a chair nearby and approached her.

"I came here to tell you something, Duke Kling," she got down to the point without any introduction.

Blair did not shrug her shoulders though she looked like she was about to collapse with a pale look.