Chapter 166

Helena recalled the foreboding prediction that she had received when the Marianne's group left Roshan.

But the sleeping star had not yet opened its eyes, while the star of Zephyrus fell without notice. It was not yet clear whether the prophecy was a good or evil sign, but it was as distant as sunlight at night, and the greed of those who lived on the earth would grow.

"But the waiting may be longer and tougher than you think."

Helena calmly closed her eyes. She prayed silently, 'Oh God, have mercy on the poor!'

***

On June 14, an obituary began to circulate at dawn in the capital Milan. It was about Duke Hubble.

People on Noble Road were shocked by the sudden news. Although the duke was humiliated by the emperor's decree and had his mansion searched the day before, he still maintained his status as a powerful duke. There was no aristocrat who did not know the meaning and influence of his name not only in the capital Milan but also in the whole empire.

His power and fame in the aristocratic society embodied the pinnacle of the yearning of all nobles of his age. His name, passed down from generation to generation, was associated with all kinds of strong and elegant words, and the honor and practical authority of his family were also as solid and brilliant as the diamond.

So, none of them imagined that Duke Hubble could disappear so easily and suddenly.

Indeed, some aristocrats who doubted the credibility of that information had moles spy on his mansion, but what they heard was not that it was somebody's mischievous disinformation, but that people at his mansion were solemnly preparing for his funeral.

"It doesn't make any sense. How did Duke Hubble suddenly die? How could this happen..."

Marianne was one of those who did not immediately believe his obituary.

"I can't believe it, but it's clear that the obituary from the duke's mansion is true. The funeral will be held tomorrow... Are you going to attend? "

"Of course I will. But..."

She looked down at the obituary again. She slowly touched the notice written in neat handwriting slowly with her fingertips and finally stopped.

"Soon everyone in the capital will know about his death, right?"

"Maybe they will."

"Do you know any other news related to this? For example, the cause of his death..."

Mrs. Charlotte sadly dropped her eyebrows at her sharp question, making an expression as if she was proud of Marianne's bold question but felt sorry for that at the same time.

Mrs. Charlotte knew that the moment Marianne first entered the Elior Mansion, she was a naive but kind lady who was pretty unpredictable. She knew how to use and love what she had naturally like breathing, but she was very bad at protecting someone or protecting herself with that power.

But now her green eyes shining before Mrs. Charlotte showed she was no longer naive. Clearly, she wanted to read the flow of the truth and the unfolding development first rather than praying for the peaceful rest of the dead.

"There is a rumor that has begun to spread along with the obituary."

"I knew it. What is that? "

"It seemed that there was a rumor that the cause of the duke's death was suicide."

Marianne frowned at Charlotte's answer.

"Suicide? Don't you know that Duke Hubble would never commit suicide? Even though the emperor put him under house arrest, he didn't have any hard evidence that the duke was guilty without question..."