Chapter 177

"Of course, I know," Eckart pulled her in a little more toward him right after he replied. "But you told me that even though you knew how stupid it was, you couldn't help but become jealous."

She held her breath unconsciously. She felt the hard splint and the warmth of his arm behind her back.

"Sir Oustaschu said you shouldn't overwork yourself."

As if to blame her for making idle complaints, he cupped her cheek with his other hand.

She looked straight at him, so that his clear pupils could not avoid her, "So, you should be willing to bear it."

His low voice and passionate expression made their subdued emotions run high again.

"In fact, I am a very selfish person, too."

They kissed again. Hugging him hard as he leaned over her, she slowly closed her eyes.

Funny enough, she thought it would be ok if the rain came a little longer and scarier.

The next morning, the heavy rain that had been falling as if the heavens had opened, eased a bit.

She woke up late in the morning. She was alone in the spacious bed. Obviously, she went to bed after confirming that he was asleep last night, but when she woke up, there was nobody there. The table that had been messy was spick and span and pushed to one side.

'I wonder if he pretended to sleep then slipped out of this room at dawn. I'm so sorry if he did. As the bed is so spacious, he could have relaxed here...'

Feeling empty, she stroked the bed next to her several times and slowly got up.

She felt refreshed thanks to a good night's sleep. She swept her messy hair back and pulled the rope on the bed. While she was out on her slippers and a shawl, she heard a knock outside the door.

"My lady, good morning! Oh no, it's daytime. Did you sleep well last night? "

It was Cordelli who came in.

"Yes, I did. Did you also ..." she shut up in the middle of asking her.

Cordelli was so excited while looking at her. Her chubby face was as flushed like a child sitting beside the fire, and her big eyes were full of excitement as if expecting something. It was as if she had everything she wanted to say all over her face.

"Cordelli. Let me tell you something. I only slept here and did nothing else. "

"Oh my gosh. You really slept here! I'm so happy to hear that!"

"Yes, I only slept. That's all!"

"That's fine! What's the big deal about it when you are already engaged? You don't have to be shy. I will be serving you even after you marry the emperor. If you are shy about things like this, you will really find it hard to get by day after day."

Cordelli waved her hands, making a lot of fuss.

Marianne sighed as if she was dumbfounded, and said, "You are not listening to me at all."

"I don't have to call your doctor separately, right? As you can walk normally, you don't need to see the doctor. My mother used to tell me that it was the best to soak in herbal water to relax my muscles. I've already prepared everything in the bathroom next door, so you can just go there. "

In an excited mood, Cordelli pulled her arm while babbling. Marianne sighed more than ten times, while she was being escorted by her.

"I'm sorry for throwing cold water on your expectations, but nothing happened last night. As for rinsing my body with herbal water, I had done it too many times after the Roshan accident. I think it's better to put some perfume here..."