Chapter 172

It might be him, not her, who could not hide his feelings anymore.

Eckart felt a sense of helplessness, along with a light guilt. He felt those feelings all his life, but now he didn't think they were awkward because of her.

Meanwhile, Marianne was changing her expression every moment. Her surprised face turned a little red, and she soon bent her eyes to smile. Then, her face quickly turned calm.

"Well, yes. That's enough for your reply. But it's not enough for you to pay for the new intelligence I've brought to you. "

Having said that firmly, she pulled away her hand gently.

Eckart knitted his eyebrows as if he was put on the spot. It was not because he didn't like her trying to get the due credit for the new intelligence, but because he didn't know what to give her to satisfy her.

"I don't know what reward can satisfy you...but if you have anything you want, don't be afraid to tell me. I will prepare whatever you want. "

Even in the face of her outrageous request, he responded seriously, which disarmed her disguise at once. She wanted to ask for a little more shamelessly but gave up.

He was a man who would never make a vain and reckless promise, but he always vowed to do anything to her.

She felt her heart pounding every time she appreciated his deep affection. Sometimes, she felt it was too much for her to endure, but she was still happy. She even wished she could keep all his love, even if she feels too burdensome.

"I took Phebe with me today when I went to the duke's mansion to express condolences. I came back early in the afternoon, and Phebe came back a little before I went to the palace. This bad but smart guy overheard something very important."

She decided to answer his questions before asking for the price.

"Phebe said the witnesses went missing. They were the witnesses that Ober had to bring to testify about Duke Hubble's crime. They must have been Chester's moles, too. Ober didn't kill them, but he would make them hibernate for a very long time."

Eckhart knew it already, but he nodded without pretending to know.

He already expected what she would say next, but it confirmed what he already heard.

She continued, "Ober and Elias joined hands to kill Duke Hubble. It seemed that Mrs. Chester and Elias's wife were more influential than Ober and Elias in getting things done. And a welcome guest will come from Faisal."

But this intelligence was quite new and significant to him.

"From Faisal?"

"Yes. The guest will arrive by the end of this month or by early next month at the latest. Whether or not Empress Alessa is unwilling or unwilling to cooperate, she will have to pretend to do so, and the guest will be a better card than Empress Alessa if they can persuade him to be on their side "

"Is there any other intelligence?" Eckhart asked with a serious expression.

In his head, he was cross checking it with Curtis' briefing.

"Well, as soon as the servant came in to announce a new visitor, Mrs. Chester and Ober left the place, so there was no more intelligence. I don't think it's important, but if I tell you this...I think I heard Earl Spencer, Marquis Lehman, and Viscount Aquinas came. Oh, I also heard that when the guest from Faisal came, he asked to meet them again. "

"Hmmm..."

Eckart thought for a moment, then looked at her, who seemed to be asking for his praise.