Chapter 80

If she were only slightly scratched by rose thorns, everyone from her mansion would be worried. If she asked for any type of fruit, they would pile up a mountain of it in a storehouse, and if she happened to pick an unripe one, everyone from the mansion ranging from a maid to the chief attendant would beg for punishment. If she wanted any particular dress, they would cross the sea and mountain to find the master designer, but even such a dress would often be thrown and collect dust in the corner of her closet by her whim.

This woman, who grew up in such a comfortable environment, was now eating green fruit and laughing in front of his eyes. She wore a dress messed up with fruit juice, making her blush with her scratched cheeks.

Eckart put the apricots he was holding back on her skirt.

"Your Majesty, why don't you eat? Do you have a bad appetite?" she asked with a worried look.

He twisted his body instead of answering. Sharp pain went over his back. He grabbed a small pottery barrel next to a silver wine glass and presented it to her.

"Oh, can I apply the ointment? Does your forehead hurt?"

She put down the fruit she was eating and opened the lid of the potter's bowl.

The moment she was about to get some of the ointment inside, he took the barrel back.

"...? "

She looked at him curiously. Soon, she felt the rich smell of grass on her cheeks.

He carefully applied it on her scratched face with his firm fingertips.

It was a very friendly touch.

She bit her lip tightly and blushed.

"I'm okay, Your Majesty..."

"No, you're not okay."

His black eyes got closer to hers. He put the ointment on her cheeks, neck, and then hands little by little.

"I'm really okay, compared to you."

"Oh, you never say you're okay unless you compare me with you."

She chewed the tip of her lips. She tried to pull away her hands, but he gripped her wrists gently.

She was slowly feeling the same sensation she felt on her way to the temple on a horst. It looked like the chain that extended from his body bound her heart, so that she could not run away. It was a scary but sweet feeling.

After all, she had no choice but to wait until he was done putting ointment on her body.

His knuckles much larger than hers were gently entangled with hers and touched. Although he only applied the ointment on her wounds, she blushed yet again.

He carefully rubbed the scratches on her body as if he stroked a brush for the last time to complete a picture. He touched her wounds gently, like petting a newborn puppy.

"... What the heck is this wound?"

He seriously looked between her left ring finger and middle finger. There was a very light scar drawn up to the second knuckle of her middle finger.

"Oh, that's...I was hurt a bit before."

She replied as casually as possible. In fact, he noticed the sign of her previous life that even she had forgotten. It was a wound that she could not explain to him anyway. She felt it would be better to give it a pass by lying to him.

"In the past? What happened?"

"Well...I made a mistake while making a flower arrangement. Not a big deal."