Chapter 132

"But Your Majesty, this is about treason."

At that moment, Eckart recalled Jed's serious voice and anxious look.

'That's right. So, I should not respond anymore.' He really thought so.

"... What kind of favor is it?"

After all, Eckart had to listen to Rane against his will.

Although he hated himself terribly for that, he waited for her answer. His blue eyes sank down.

Rane sighed, looking at the emperor and her cousin, who seemed pitiable at the moment.

She whispered with a serious little voice, "If it goes well, I'll give the credit to you. Please don't tell Marie about this for the time being."

In the meantime, Marianne was on a stroll with Iric and Cordelli and then left the garden after checking the half-completed greenhouse. Their short picnic ended like that.

The three had a late lunch, which was led by Marianne. After eating well and basking in the sunlight, she sat in an armchair by the window and played with Poibe. Peaceful time passed slowly.

A calm atmosphere brought drowsiness upon her.

Finally, Marianne took a nap for a minute. She slept so well that she did not dream at all.

When she opened her eyes, the sun was setting. People at her mansion were busy preparing for dinner. Cordelli, who was fanning Marianne next to her, laughed at Marianne yawning.

"Did you sleep well? The sun is already setting. I've prepared dinner for you with the specially menu that you like."

"Really? What is that?"

"It's a secret. You can see it later."

"Wow! I'm so curious," Marianne exclaimed, pouting her lips. Cordelli smiled and swept her disheveled hair behind her ears.

"It will take some time for them to prepare dinner, so why don't you wash first? Mrs. Charlotte has been heating up the bathroom. I hear she sprinkled petals in warm water and mixed a bunch of fresh lilac perfume. So, the smell was really good when I stopped by for a moment."

"Really? Then let me wash up first. It is not polite to ignore somebody's sincerity."

Marianne followed Cordelli to the bathroom off the top of her head.

Mrs. Charlotte and a maid who seemed to be middle-aged at a glance were waiting for her in the bathroom. When she took a bath, she was usually served by young maids who had tender hands, but sometimes experienced maids replaced them, so it was not unusual for Mrs. Charlotte to be with that middle-aged woman.

Led by Cordelli, she changed into a soft gown, and stepped into the bathtub.

When she soaked herself in the moderately warm water, her whole body quickly became relaxed.

Every time she breathed in, a thick floral scent came into her body too.

Mrs. Charlotte looked directly at the glass bottles and perfumes in front of the showcase on the side of the bathroom. Then she suddenly turned around and called Cordelli.

"Ms. Cordelli. What should I do? The Santiago that I should put in with the bath water ran out. I forgot I used it up yesterday."

"Oh, let me go get it soon." As soon as Cordelli heard it, she jumped up.

"Oh, I don't think I need it because my wounds have almost healed..."

Marianne tried to stop them, but Cordelli wiped her wet hands with a towel.