Chapter 165

Unfortunately, Duke Hubble remembered all the words he had spoken to Mrs. Chester.

When he said that, the protagonist of the chessboard was Duke Hubble himself, and the owner of the new game that could change hands anytime was Mrs. Chester.

"What you told me was very valuable advice for me. Thank you very much," Mrs. Chester said.

But the situation changed completely now. The owner of the inverted game board was Mrs. Chester, and Duke Hubble became one of the pieces on the board.

"I wasn't in a position to sympathize with Lord Calvin. I should have gotten rid of you before you gave birth to the emperor's son..." said Duke Hubble, with a feigned laugh.

He was always a powerful man who wielded power by grabbing somebody's neck. Not only had he never seen the threat of life for nearly seventy years, but he took it so natural like breathing to use the assasination of his political rivals as his weapon. Had he ever assumed that he would be betrayed by such a vulgar woman like Mrs. Chester? Never.

His political strategy was always strict to others, but he pursued it boldly without fear.

That's why he didn't feel the need to plant his security men in and around his vast mansion when he went out and met someone.

If only he had feared this enormous power, something behind that power, and his possible defeat...

He regretted his decisions a bit for the first and last time in his life.

It was his fatal mistake that he overestimated his power and took it for granted until now. He should have taken into account the assumption that he could be betrayed by incompetent families and arrogant acquaintances and friends. The hardship he was faced with now was too harsh to him who led an excessively luxurious life until now.

"You had better be prudent. Elias knows very little about the intelligence that you can make use of. If I die, some of it can be buried forever, and the other can be revealed to the world. Who knows if some of my secrets contain some intelligence about your wrongdoing in the past?"

"It doesn't matter. Any other card is not as good as the one in my hand. "

Mrs. Chester ignored his words by shrugging her shoulders.

She continued, "You don't have to worry about the new chessboard you were planning to generate because I'm going to take it over. I like Empress Alessa as much as you."

Duke Hubble didn't respond.

"Do not worry about your successor, either. I'll make sure your death will go down as an honorable one in the empire's history just like you did for Mrs. Blanchefort, Lady Rosetta, and many other nobles' murders."

At that point, Duke Hubble's face was irreversibly distorted badly.

"And if you happen to meet the late Sir Calvin and His Majesty, please tell them this."

Mrs. Chester caught her breath at that point. After breathing out calmly, she said with a bright smile, "Go to hell, you son of a bitch!"

Soon the end of her smooth satin dress turned back slowly. There was the sound of the assassins running towards their prey. Although it was horrible, she enjoyed hearing the terrible screaming and the scent of blood, humming a tune. Her manicured fingertips tapped lightly on her ring engraved with black pythons.

"Oh, I think I made unnecessary remarks as you three would reunite in the purgatory of Tanatos, right?"

She turned to Elias, whose face hardened, while looking ahead.