Chapter 85

Hilde continued, "Among the myriad of stars, only a few more special people can be born on the stars of the nine gods. Helena says receiving God's blessing is different from being born on God's star. Although I was blessed by Goddess Anthea, I was not born on her star."

She continued speaking with a cheerful voice. Her voice seemed cheerful for some time, but the more she talked, the more divine she became.

"So, I always wondered. Who was born on the star of Goddess Anthea? How friendly is the person? Since I was born to support the goddess in her blessing, can I become friends with that person if I met them? Then..."

"So?"

"The goddess's star, which had not been seen for some time, suddenly appeared!"

"Oh my goodness!"

"It was right next to the star of god Airius!"

Marianne naturally got carried away with Hilde's explanation. Although Hilde was talking absurd old myths, she was captivated and curious as if she was listening to fairy tales with Cordelli in her childhood.

"Is it amazing?"

"Cool. Don't you think it was because the god and the goddess loved each other?"

"I think so too. So I called them twin stars."

"How cute!"

Covering her mouth, Marianne couldn't help but laugh. Hilde stared at her and blinked her big eyes.

"Lady Marianne?"

"Yes, Priest Hilde."

"You love the emperor, don't you?"

It was an expected question. But it was a straightforward and simple question that any child could ask if he or she knew about the purpose of the emperor was to come here to hold an engagement with Lady Marianne.

But Marianne unconsciously frowned at the moment. Her heart pounded. Her heart trembled like a child caught doing something wrong.

"I know everything."

Tik, tik.

The embers of the stove scattered here and there in a messy way. Her golden eyes turned reddish.

"The emperor was born on the star of Airius. I heard that twin stars are destined to be lovers or siblings. As you and the emperor are not brothers or sisters, both of you are supposed to be lovers, right?" Hilde blushed and laughed.

But Marianne could not even crack a smile. She felt nauseated as if there was an earthquake in her heart.

"Did you say I was born on the star of Goddess Anthea?"

"Yeah! I told you earlier. Your star and the emperor's star were holding their hands together side by side and twinkling. Yesterday, the grand duke was worried about you, so I told him that the two stars were over the mountain, and that although they dimmed a bit, they would be fine if he sent the search team."

Although Hilde babbled for a long time, Marianne could not focus on her words. In the blink of an eye, she got confused.

God's constellation?

Was it that God had already prepared the end of her first life where drowned miserably in the lake, as well as her second life that she earned like a miracle? Did God even arrange for her to be the emperor's ally to fight against Ober? Did God also have her foolishly expect more of the emperor than her role as a political partner?

"But what's more strange is ..."

Regardless of what Marianne was thinking about at the moment, Hilde mentioned another foresight in a whisper.