Chapter 114

"Oh, have you seen the new garden I started to decorate? You haven't seen it, right?"

"I think I heard you were making a new greenhouse."

"Really? Who told you about it? Oh, that's not important. Would you like to see it as you have come this far? It's not done yet, but you don't know when we can walk like this again..."

When her voice faded, he made a very sad expression. But he quickly changed his expression and wrapped her hands with a smile.

"Okay. I'd love to see it today and take a look at it again when you complete it."

"Sounds good. You promise me, right?"

"Sure."

"Well, then go right at the next fork. Right there to the bench over there."

He led her as she said. After passing through the rattan benches and a small fountain, they traversed a cluster of beautifully trimmed juniper and found a small edifice. It was a glass greenhouse decorated like a room with transparent glass as walls and ceiling.

"I hear they built it like this while I was in Roshan. Isn't it pretty? I'm going to plant a bunch of my favorite lilies inside. I'm also going to make Phebe's cottage here. Oh, where did it fly again?

I think it was on my shoulder until I got out of the wagon..."

Mariane looked around as if she was looking for Poibe. Leaning on her, Duke Kling looked around the greenhouse silently.

The greenhouse was transparent, so it did not harm the surrounding scenery. At the same time, it made one feel separated from the outside world like one's private space. If she planted lilies and set up a cage, it would be more beautiful. Controlling the greenhouse's humidity, temperature, light and wind would require quite a lot of manpower and money, but it would be a perfect symbol to reveal Marianne's high social status.

He would give the world to her daughter. Kling, who thought faintly and smiled at his own thinking, instantly frowned when he noticed something inside the greenhouse.

"... Marie!"

Marianne, looking at a nearby tall tree, looked at him.

"That flower pot... Where did you get it?"

"A flower pot? Which one are you talking about?"

"The Adenium over there."

Concealing his trembling voice, he pointed to a flower pot by the greenhouse.

"Oh, that one! It's a flower pot Mrs. Chester gave me as a gift. I didn't know where I put it because I was absent-minded. I think I moved it here. By the way, how do you know that flower name? I didn't know it before."

"... "

Kling was speechless for a while. Marianne looked up at him with a puzzled expression.

"Daddy, what's the matter with you?"

"... Marie. Do you remember when you received that gift?"

"Yeah. I received it from her at the recent ball. Duchess Lamont gave me a picture of Simony, Miss Beatrice gave me a poem of Camille, and the wife of Sir Idu gave me a black pearl of Tristan..."

Although she recalled the gifts she had received that day, Duke Kling couldn't focus on her.

His heart was pounding at the moment. He stared at the strangely-shaped pot sharply as if he wanted to break it right away. He clenched his teeth violently and felt like he was being suffocated.