Chapter 185

"In other words, you want to check in advance the place where they will die, right? Oh my gosh. How kind of you... It looks like you're going to be a good husband and father in the future. "

Shahar laughed like a child, cracking a joke.

"Well, it won't be difficult anyway. There's no chance that his father will go there directly... At least, he will be accompanied by Rashid, or he will send Rashid to Ancartium as his surrogate."

"That's enough as long as the crown prince appears in the battlefield."

"Well, I can give you reassurances about that. A war looks like an unpleasant thing at first glance, but depending on how you finish it, it can be your incomparable achievement. And my father wants all the honor on his watch to belong to Rashid."

"It will be much easier on my end. Eckart doesn't have a surrogate because he has no father, no brother, and no child. If you have to find one, if any, it would be Grand Duke Christopher, who is rather bothersome..."

"Oh, don't worry about it. But nowadays, my mother talks a lot about her childhood. When she is homesick, there's nothing better than her meeting her brother. If she makes up her mind, she can bring him anytime by pretending she is sick."

"The thing is how to influence her to make up her mind."

"Don't worry. As you know, a gift from Mrs. Chester was delivered to the empress's palace without any problem recently. That means Empress Alessa has already made up her mind."

Faced with Ober's subtle pressure, Shahar looked at Mrs. Chester.

The gift Mrs. Chester sent to Empress Alessa through the merchant group Artroom on the occasion of the death of Duke Hubble was kind of a warning. It was like a declaration of war that whatever promise Alessa shared with Duke Hubble was now a handful of ashes. At the same time, it was a sharp reminder that there was nobody who could replace her son Ober.

There was no more suitable evidence to prove that the owner of power that Alessa was expecting to rely on changed.

"Empress Alessa is a wise woman. Maybe her discerning eye is better than mine. Of course, she might not know that one of her two sons could be sacrificed..." Mrs. Chester said.

She shook her wrist while spreading the fan.

A light breeze spread the scent of jasmine from her body to every corner of the room.

"What can she do? That's her fate anyway. It's because the damn god has not allowed us fairness in our lives."

While looking at her intently, Shahar turned his eyes away from her. He murmured something to himself. His long green hair fell down as he slightly tilted his head.

"So, Ober, who do you want to kill? Rashid? Or your half brother? " Shahar asked.

When he mentioned 'half-brother' Ober had faint convulsions around his mouth.

Still, he could open his mouth without frowning. He knew that if he could put up with the discomfort at this moment, he could remove the man called such a horrible word in the near future.

"Those disguised as Faisal's spies will kill the emperor."

"Then, let me send to Rashid those who disguised as Milan's knights," Shahar replied, chiming in with Ober. Ober just smiled. Shahar was a good partner in that he was smart enough to understand his point immediately.

The only thing that bothered Ober was that Shahar tried to be condescending as if he called the shots, despite the fact that their class was almost the same.