Chapter 19

'I really wanted to meet my father and explain to him about the deal in person. Was the favor I asked Colin too much? Besides, they didn't prepare anything for the wedding. What if Ober thinks something went wrong and moves recklessly to harm my father? Can I go to the emperor right now and ask him to collect all the bulletins right away? No, it's too late.. now.'

With her shoulders drooping, she grabbed her splitting head with her hands.

While wiping her hand, Cordelli laid down the towel sullenly.

Knock, knock.

Someone knocked on the door. Cordelli quickly sensed it and headed to the door.

When the maid outside said something, she nodded with a very perplexed look.

"Well, Lady..."

Marianne did not answer. Cordelli trotted toward her and sat down again.

"What shall I do? She said the emperor is here. Why don't you get dressed and go out to greet him? "

She was still silent.

'I don't care if the emperor is here or not. Why should I care about...'

While she was thinking to herself, she suddenly came to her senses.

Emperor?

She jumped out of bed.

"Yes. I have to go."

Like a predator who wandered through the grass and found its prey, she removed the blanket quickly with surprisingly sparkling eyes. After she came down from the bed like a lightning bolt, she put slippers on to go out.

"Lady, Wait a moment! Lady Marie!"

Although Cordelli urgently called after her, she did not care. She pushed the maid who was waiting for an answer outside the door, and quickly passed through the antique artworks in the hallway which were hung on the walls every three steps. She didn't know how quickly she ran, but one of her slippers came off when she tripped over the carpet, which she didn't notice at all.

She soon arrived at the main staircase leading to the lobby on the first floor. Catching her short breath, she looked at the front door at the end of the lobby. The door was opened wide and a group of people came in.

"Your Excellency!"

She shouted at him with a sharp and crisp voice, which alerted the man standing at the forefront of the group. At her loud voice that resonated through the entire lobby, everybody naturally their eyes on her. Not caring about it at all, Marianne began to walk down dozens of lobby stairs toward him.

Eckart, the very man who she shouted at, blatantly frowned. He ordered shortly after looking at both ends of the central staircase where she was hastily coming down.

"Step back, everybody!"

His low voice rang heavily. At any moment, the emperor's order was an absolute law. The residents at the mansion, including Mrs. Charlotte, who were waiting to greet the emperor, as well as Colin and Jed, and the others who accompanied him, turned back back and bowed in unison.

Marianne, who already came down the stairs, was crossing the lobby. She confidently walked toward him as if she was a triumphant general returning from the battlegrounds.

She stopped right in front of the emperor and breathed out roughly.

Rather than bowing to him politely, she even stared at him with an upset expression.

"You look poorly dressed! Did you bump into a robber in the middle of the day? I guess a robber can't come in as security is very tight around this mansion."